2018 Holiday Gift Drive

Ok, am collecting for the Community Gift Pages and you can follow the link to read about it.

Let me know if you wanna play tooooo.

2018 Holiday Gifting Drive

Gifting Participants

Pink = In my paws

CaliVee
Aelin
Chiron

Newsy ??

has extended their offer so now you get 10% off any order -- valid from now until December 31, 2018

... use this coupon code: FAC0616

Tell you friends about this offer too so all can save.

Forum Directory

Main Cell

button  Asylum TOS

button  Gallery How To's

button  Forum Hints

The Solarium

button  Our Gallery

button  Sponsors Showcase

button  Contact Us

button  Header Art

button  Anime and Manga

Poser Ward

button  News and Updates

button  Q & A

button  Tutorials

Conservatory

button  AtticFreezone

button  Aelin's Fantastic Finds

Contests Wing

button

Contest Info

button  Monthly Contests

button  Weekly Contests

Connect With Us!

button  Banner Exchange

Fantasies Realm Market @ Twitter Fantasies Realm Market @ FaceBook Fantasies Realm Market @ DeviantArt Fantasies Realm Market @ Google+ Fantasies Realm Market @ Pinterest FRM/Fantasies Attic @ LuLu

Twitter - FB - DA - Google+ - Pinterest - Lulu

Voting Booth

Click image to go cast your vote,
 then go
 here
===> 2018 voting thread!
to post it in the forum!

Award Info

Votes Need --- Award

10,000 -- Platinum Award
     5,000 --- Gold Award
     2,500 --- Silver Award
     1,000 --- Bronze Award
        300 --- Pewter Award
        100 --- Copper Award

2018 Voting Awards

100 Votes 300 Votes 1000 Votes 2500 Votes 5000 Votes

Donations

We have many special projects and every now and then a Special Cause that requires your generous help.

There are times when we do a collection to help a member in need of assistance and all those proceeds go directly to that member.

All donations of what ever size are WELCOME.

Thank you.

Featured Art

Merry Christmas

Click images to view

Weekly Winners

SAOTW
The Pole Dancer © Romangirl

TOTW

Valkyrie Downtime © DarkElf

Your Art Winner

Hell Horse Harley © Wingedwolf

Monthly Winners

MAY COTM Winner

Song from a Secret Garden © Heitaikai

Announcements!

Album is HERE

MAY CONTEST WINNERS

Mirtul ~ The Melting ~ Flight of the Flutterwings ~ May 2018 Contest Winners can be found HERE

NEW!!

June 2018 Challenge of the Month (COTM)

Bordertown
is your COTM challenge for JUNE. Contest Ends on June 30th, 2018

Weekly Competitions

Your Art

Giveaway of the Day

Welcome and do follow me.

Come visit with all in here, have some coffee or your favorite beverage and have loads of fun. The bar staff and keeper are always here to fill your orders.

This is our gathering place where we will share greetings, pass secrets, gossip, and enjoy each others company.  

Jherrith has agreed to fire up the grill on the weekends with some of his tasty specials.....and the COFFEE will always be hot and fresh. Especially with Fafnir and his bevy of waitresses.

Spring Fever by oldeekdog

Author Topic: Work entertainment  (Read 3381 times)

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna shall see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
Re: Work entertainment
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2017, 09:19:12 PM »
Here was my fun today, at long last I got ye ole manager to let me get rid of all the excess, dead and can no longer get connectors for cable in the shop.

At last :heeheehee: I am beside myself with ... well some sort of feeling not sure what but it is so nice to finally get rid of this nonsense

The bonus part is that even though it is mostly coax and grade two low voltage.

We still got paid over $800 for all that was recycled today ... well technically the check was made out to Motorola not our shop so no idea if any of that will make it back to us, but still shelf space cleared up so I can consolidate and get rubbish up off the floor and more.

Yes, little things amuse little minds

:iminnocent:
"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

Offline Radkres

• The Rad Hatter
  • Ranking poster
  • "Nullius in verba"
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2017, 10:27:56 PM »
I used to know a company that just made specialty cables  we would use them when a client's bought stuff not to code, price their argument is what we are told by the sales guy. so we had that company built "special" cables and billed them for it. One had one usb integrated hub just for all the other ends to work! o.O

Offline thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Straight Jackets are FREE
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2017, 10:02:49 AM »
Good to hear you had a good day "J"....and you have empty shelves that can be refilled LOL.....Way to go ....  :grpwave:
We Shall Stand

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2017, 05:46:21 PM »
Well, we not only rearranged things to where like things are in the same area, but we got all the cable that I did choose to save is all in one spot as well, took some doing and creative packing to get all of it to "fit" but we did and we managed to free up floor space.

Then we got even more rambunctious as there were several palettes with material from not only a completed job but three other jobs where someone was not on top of things in regards to getting unusable product returned back to the vendor.

Yes, we are a frelling warehouse of junk that I can not sell or use on any projects. :sigh:

The bad news or business as usual news is that yours truly was the only one in the shop doing all the work, yep business as usual ....
"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2017, 05:47:00 PM »
Good to hear you had a good day "J"....and you have empty shelves that can be refilled LOL.....Way to go ....  :grpwave:

Yep, I refilled them and reclaimed floor space

Offline thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2017, 08:36:41 PM »
The bad news or business as usual news is that yours truly was the only one in the shop doing all the work, yep business as usual ....

I consider that a good thing....No one to voice an opinion that wouldn't make sense....no arguing about what should or shouldn't be saved....and the only one to bitch at you...would be yourself....a plus plus all the way around.   :java:
We Shall Stand

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2017, 05:52:19 AM »
How unkind, apparently the customer that we are working is not an important project and I can not have the assistance of the other person in the shop to hang the two antennas for this job.

The City of ... and their mobile installs is more important ... :ummm: I always thought all customers were important I must have missed a memo somewhere ...

So let us send out the two old farts to do the work in two days that could have been done in one, if the other shop person had been sent out for one day.

Oh and by the way I get back to the shop and find him sitting down putzing about on FB is not something I want to see ... when I get back.

Oh and ye ole project manager :thud: obviously knows naught about how to do that at all, because the simple fact is he hasn't been out at the job site in over a year ... and here me and the Sr. bench are out there doing the install and will be done three weeks ahead of schedule, mainly because I will be gone the first week of December for the R56 class.

But that is beside the point in their eyes.

So we are getting the install done, the Sr. tech is interfacing with the customer and who else is supporting the project .... yeah ... no one

Rest assured though when it is all done and over they will come out of the wood work and act like they were involved every step of the way.

:rat-atat:

Oh another random thought even though this is just one site today there will be more down the line so the site router has to be programmed to be able to see the other sites and route traffic properly, so has ye ole project manager been out there yet to do so ... hell he still hasn't got the hospital job network sorted out and that install was completed the previous week.

STILL not done ...

There is one other thing that I find annoying as well, but it will have to wait till I return as it is time to get today moving.

Better not be any stupid remarks made by these "expletive deleted x 10^276" humanoids.

Just saying ...

Online Aelin

• Great Priestess of the corridors
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • archaeologist and cheerleader of Attic
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2017, 07:05:03 AM »
:hypno: Theorically each customer is important. Specially when you have the risk that one with more money finds for a reason or another a company which asks less money for a job. Customers with big wallets like to look elsewhere.
Not good if the "less" important customer notices that. Next time, that could decide this customer to think twice before to call for something.

Online Chiron

• Centaur of the Universe
  • 1000 Grand Roller
  • We age, we don't mature
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2017, 11:09:29 AM »
All customers are equal, but some customers are more equal than the others.

Time will tell if the less equal ones will stay in the same animal farm or try another one...
"I can resist everything but temptation" (Oscar Wilde)

Offline thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2017, 03:06:23 PM »
The customer who paid his bill in full the month before and has more work lined up for the future is a "Best Customer"

The Customer who's been your loyal customer for years, always paid you in a timely manner on a monthly payment plan,  but waits till the bill is paid before starting a new project is not considered your "Best Customer"   

It's all in the eyes of the Accountants.....believe me.
We Shall Stand

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2017, 05:38:56 PM »
One would be considered a commercial customer, an engineering firm. The system is for their security department and eventually ... if things go well ... be extended to all of their other locations. Three that I know of at this time.

and the other is the City of ... Fire Department, 110 new mobile installations.

I am trying to not name our customers specifically, as I am not a 100% sure I can do so, we are sorry about the vagueness as to who they are ..... but that is at least a small insight as to the scope of work for them.

Offline thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2017, 05:49:03 PM »
Consider all of that "Job Security" LOLOL.....  A lot of places are hunting work to keep their folks busy.
We Shall Stand

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2017, 06:25:33 PM »
Here is the fun part ye ole project manager hasn't been out to the job I am working because "oh it wasn't assigned to him to manage"

:ummm: All right then who is managing it ... "oh it is just getting done" ... however ...

if you guessed I walked away until I calmed down ... have a drink with me ... I am going to need another.

I am sorry to say this but if you are considered a project manager than any job that comes in is your responsibility ... period.

I was passed over and am still the dust beneath everyone's feet (what I feel like, might not be true but) and since I am seeing ***hat behavior we too can play that game.

This willy nilly crap that is being exhibited at this moment is what is getting under my skin.

Granted it was that one statement that set me off "Oh that job is not (as) important" ... well fine we be taking time off then since it seems to not be important enough to ensure manpower to hang two antennas that weigh more then I do and look to the safety and well being of the staff.

:rat-atat:

***hats

Now here is the real rub, to make radios work you need to have them programmed with all the details of what to do and how to do it ... well, then why is only the one tech, as in the Sr. tech, be that only one in the place who can write these templates.

Oh ye ole project manager apparently can write templates ... okay then why haven't you been in the template planning meetings?

And why is the Sr. tech the only one, as he has written the ones for both hospital chains and the hotel chain from two years ago, still the only one who writes the templates for our customers?

Granted I have been asking him many questions about the process and the logic behind how one writes them ... now all I need to do is look at one that he has written to see if I can figure it out, without breaking it :thud:

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2017, 06:33:12 PM »
Consider all of that "Job Security" LOLOL.....  A lot of places are hunting work to keep their folks busy.

I do understand the concept of "job security" but I also do appreciate the concept of "taking care of your employees"

.... which is not what I am seeing .....

Taken for granted is what I see

Online Chiron

• Centaur of the Universe
  • 1000 Grand Roller
  • We age, we don't mature
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2017, 04:21:00 AM »
. . . I am sorry to say this but if you are considered a project manager than any job that comes in is your responsibility ... period.

Well, that's the SF part. Now let's come down to reality... :sad:
"I can resist everything but temptation" (Oscar Wilde)

Poser and Daz

Click images to go to SmithMicro and Daz to read all about the programs.

Poser Pro got even better this year.

They have made it easier on content creators by integrating Poser Pro Game Dev into Poser Pro 11.

Now the content creators can create for runtimes and games with only one program!

Poser 11PoserPro 11 Daz Studio--Free

attic_468x175.jpg
participial