2018 Holiday Gift Drive

Ok, am collecting for the Community Gift Pages and you can follow the link to read about it.

Let me know if you wanna play tooooo.

2018 Holiday Gifting Drive

Gifting Participants

Pink = In my paws

CaliVee -- Aelin
Chiron -- ali_sen
robkelk -- M-Callahan
CathyY -- Arts4Sale
Scouseaphrenia
morganahope -- AA3Dstudio
FrahHawk -- Napalmarsenal
eBlank -- sojournstar
Carolann -- Llola Lane
Barbariandreams
Sanbie -- TheBrownOwl/Maggi
midnightvelvet -- Eblank

Newsy ??

has extended their offer so now you get 10% off any order -- valid from now until December 31, 2018

... use this coupon code: FAC0616

Tell you friends about this offer too so all can save.

Forum Directory

Main Cell

button  Asylum TOS

button  Gallery How To's

button  Forum Hints

The Solarium

button  Our Gallery

button  Sponsors Showcase

button  Contact Us

button  Header Art

button  Anime and Manga

Poser Ward

button  News and Updates

button  Q & A

button  Tutorials

Conservatory

button  AtticFreezone

button  Aelin's Fantastic Finds

Contests Wing

button

Contest Info

button  Monthly Contests

button  Weekly Contests

Connect With Us!

button  Banner Exchange

Fantasies Realm Market @ Twitter Fantasies Realm Market @ FaceBook Fantasies Realm Market @ DeviantArt Fantasies Realm Market @ Google+ Fantasies Realm Market @ Pinterest FRM/Fantasies Attic @ LuLu

Twitter - FB - DA - Google+ - Pinterest - Lulu

Voting Booth

Click image to go cast your vote,
 then go
 here
===> 2018 voting thread!
to post it in the forum!

Award Info

Votes Need --- Award

10,000 -- Platinum Award
     5,000 --- Gold Award
     2,500 --- Silver Award
     1,000 --- Bronze Award
        300 --- Pewter Award
        100 --- Copper Award

2018 Voting Awards

100 Votes 300 Votes 1000 Votes 2500 Votes 5000 Votes 2018 Platinum

Donations

We have many special projects and every now and then a Special Cause that requires your generous help.

There are times when we do a collection to help a member in need of assistance and all those proceeds go directly to that member.

All donations of what ever size are WELCOME.

Thank you.

Featured Art

Merry Christmas

Click images to view

Weekly Winners

SAOTW
The Crimson Guard © JustMel

TOTW

Gaelira © Prae

Your Art Winner

Football Fun in the Backyard © UteBigSmile

Monthly Winners

August COTM Winner

Kali Busted © Inonit

Announcements!

Album is HERE

AUGUST CONTEST WINNERS

Eleasis ~ High Sun ~ Sci-Fi Warrior's through Time & Space ~ August 2018

Winners Announcement is HERE

NEW!!

September 2018 Challenge of the Month (COTM)

Through the Window
Contest Ends on September 30th, 2018

Album is HERE

~Weekly Competitions~

Your Art

Giveaway of the Day

Welcome and do follow me.

Come visit with all in here, have some coffee or your favorite beverage and have loads of fun. The bar staff and keeper are always here to fill your orders.

This is our gathering place where we will share greetings, pass secrets, gossip, and enjoy each others company.  

Jherrith has agreed to fire up the grill on the weekends with some of his tasty specials.....and the COFFEE will always be hot and fresh. Especially with Fafnir and his bevy of waitresses.

Spring Fever by oldeekdog

Author Topic: Work entertainment  (Read 5030 times)

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna shall see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
Re: Work entertainment
« Reply #150 on: December 30, 2017, 03:43:31 PM »
Ye ole boss certainly doesn't like to pay attention.

Come into work on Friday and he has me scheduled to be in Tampa next week, :ummm: doing what I have no idea as there has been no briefing no material received and the list of deficiencies go on...

Then a week for NLECC a week in between and then another week at NLECC

I did state that I have four days to burn before the end of the month. You do remember, "oh don't get your panties in a twist"

:rat-atat:

Wrong thing to say to an employee, I don't give a rat's ass if you are trying to be funny or not, we are at work and that is certainly an inappropriate remark to make to another while on the clock.

And what is up with these damn jobs that take an hour plus just to get to the site, then turn around and drive back on top of everything else ... lovely.
I am just excited about the fact that I have no idea what we are doing .... not really ... that is sarcasm.
"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

Offline Aelin

• Great Priestess of the corridors
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • archaeologist-cheerleader of Attic
« Reply #151 on: December 30, 2017, 04:01:13 PM »
Don't you know J? You are a seer So you know already what you need for Tampa.

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #152 on: December 30, 2017, 04:02:30 PM »
Well, more fun and games for the radio being hacked on with a new tone remote board.

Well, turns out that radio and its control head are not capable of interfacing with a tone remote board. One of the older control heads does interface with the tone remote board, however it does not work with the four wire config that is required, it will only work with a two wire configuration.

:thud:

Even more fun found out that the radio is only capable of selecting eight different channels/talk groups. Anything above that has to be done (I think) through the programming software.

There were something like about 26 zones, with 26 channels each, so methinks someone has some explaining to do as to why you need to have that many channels in there especially on such an older model radio.

Apparently the XTL5000 mobiles were old and phased out before I started to work there, they were used mainly as back up radios, not as dispatch radios.
"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #153 on: December 30, 2017, 04:02:58 PM »
Don't you know J? You are a seer So you know already what you need for Tampa.

:tearlaugh: I never got the memo :tearlaugh:

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #154 on: January 04, 2018, 06:59:50 PM »
Well, the plot thickens and not in a good way. Went to Tampa on Wednesday morning to do a site walk.

Which makes one wonder how in the hell does one do a quote without a proper site walk for starters?

I know how antiquated am I? Insisting on a site walk to see what is going to be provided and what challenges are going to be part of the norm for the job in the beginning instead of finding out at the last minute.

I know we be ever so old fashioned.

Well, got out there and they are already in the process of putting furnishings in the place and it is down to the wire for opening. So why the hell are we getting in there now, we should have been in there months ago to my way of thinking.

So what was or is the reason for the delay? Not certain, but we have a suspicion, that good old red tape and so forth played a big part in it, in my opinion, which doesn't count for anything.

But as I say, "Poor planning on their part does not constitute an emergency on mine."

And by "their part" I am in fact referring to both parties as red tape is only possible if both sides are playing that game.

However the real fun is the state of the building, there is no drop ceiling in the hallways and common areas. Which is where the antennas go, so hard ceiling (no access above it) everywhere, next bit of fun they do not even have any of the boxes cut out and visible to pull our cable out for termination. Now for the real pain in the :waveass: the runs that were provided are all in "3/4" smurf pipe" which is for all intents and purposes the absolute worse type of pipe that exists on the planet.

Here is the problem the cable I have to pull will barely fit in the conduit provided and the cable is so rigid that it will be problematic to pull anything in it, number two we do not typically use boxes for our ceiling mount antennas. They just fasten to the ceiling tile or hard ceiling if accessible to facilitate fastening.

So no exposed boxes, no pull strings in any of the conduits and the prints they worked off of are not the same as the ones we were provided when the quote was requested.

There is mnore to regale thee with but I think the highlights should be enough to entertain you.

Now remember this job and another was all supposed to get done this month on top of other bits and pieces.

The other major job I just found out today has been pushed back now till the end of Feb., this hotel in Tampa is now in a holding pattern because of material not having arrived still and now the difference between what we were told it would look like and what it actually looks like which means the installation scope has changed considerably. Roof top is the major change, all the antennas in the building are basically piped in where they are all in a line from top of the building to the bottom, which by the way you do not do in the real world.

So like I said "fun and games" good thing I like my job or this would be one of those "I love my job, I will not quite" scenarios. Oh, by the way that was sarcasm.

Got one more bit of entertainment today via a text message, hey do you have a badge for the other county dispatch center. :ummm: No we do not, all I have is a cyber key for the tower sites in that county.

BTW, this is something I have asked why do we not have one since we go there often enough. The same thing holds true for the airport although at long last that is moving forward, as I sent all the details to the regional boss so it could be forwarded to the airport personal.

Wonder how long before I go in for my picture and badge issuance for the airport. Now there is talk of finally getting a badge for the other county which should have been issued at least a year ago if not earlier. The real fun is that NASA badge I got renewed, already getting the email notice saying you got 30 days before it expires. :sigh:

Offline Chiron

• Centaur of the Universe
  • 1000 Grand Roller
  • We age, we don't mature
« Reply #155 on: January 05, 2018, 06:41:24 AM »
. . .  The real fun is that NASA badge I got renewed, already getting the email notice saying you got 30 days before it expires. :sigh:

Same here, give or take a few cents. New password every 30 days for three years (security security security), and one day the E-mail comes "please show up within 15 days and bring along all your papers for renewal"... I try to explain that with an ocean in between it wouldn't be that practical, that some papers require a month or so, and who's going to pay for my trip and time. But nothing doing, a rule is a rule is a rule.
So OK, have it your way, let it expire and then when you want me in you let me in, none of my business how many rules you'll have to break. Period.

As for the provided blueprints being a figment of the imagination, I think you're old enough to know that the 90% of the times the specifications are provided by rolling the dice, and thus specs and reality live on two parallel universes that seldom communicate with each other through occasional wormholes... :sad:
"I can resist everything but temptation" (Oscar Wilde)

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #156 on: January 05, 2018, 08:03:38 AM »
Yes, we love that every 30 days change your password it must be this and blah, blah, blah and this is just my work email.

:ummm: Good thing I am so low on the food chain that I have to do this crap every time I change my frelling socks.

Although there is good news on the horizon at work they are upping it to 90 days but now the password has to be at least 12 characters in length :tearlaugh: good thing mine is only 15 in length to start with ...

The rubbish thing with the NASA badge, it is supposed to be a yearly one now, turns out though the contractor that is or was our sponsor is not renewing their contract so now they have to find a new department to assume the responsibility.

But, once more I ask since I am more to the bottom of the food chain, "I install the system not maintain or repair it if it breaks" so if the install is complete why do I even need to be on the list for a badge in the first place.

Having been in construction, electrical specifically I am aware of the ever mutating blueprints that look the same yet have one to three words changed on it to mess with a person.
And there is never any notice or outline of what has or was changed ... just figure it out ... :bang:

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #157 on: January 05, 2018, 08:10:24 AM »
The NASA badge is ever so fun for me since I was born on an USA AF base in England so I have to show my original certificate of a live birth. I do have a passport but it is expired and they do not accept that as a form of ID, despite what ye ole engineer at the shop says, someday's I just get fed up with what is said at the shop, if the paperwork says this then it means exactly that, no exceptions.

Just do not see a reason to spend the money on renewing my passport though, I do not travel overseas so it is not needed in my opinion.

Offline Chiron

• Centaur of the Universe
  • 1000 Grand Roller
  • We age, we don't mature
« Reply #158 on: January 05, 2018, 10:22:06 AM »
Worse still for me, as you may guess: as a foreign citizen born in one country and living and working in another one I'm a suspect par excellence and if in addition to all the rest they don't demand also my toeprints, assprint and retinal pattern before getting me a badge, that's just because no one thought of it so far.
In their heyday they went to the moon but today it would take them twice as long and several truckfuls of paperwork just to go to Los Angeles :sad:
"I can resist everything but temptation" (Oscar Wilde)

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #159 on: January 05, 2018, 10:27:20 AM »
Indeed they did do fingerprints on me, but as you say none of the other entertaining prints were thought of ... :thud:

Poser and Daz

Click images to go to SmithMicro and Daz to read all about the programs.

Poser Pro got even better this year.

They have made it easier on content creators by integrating Poser Pro Game Dev into Poser Pro 11.

Now the content creators can create for runtimes and games with only one program!

Poser 11PoserPro 11 Daz Studio--Free

attic_468x175.jpg
participial