2018 Holiday Gift Drive

Ok, am collecting for the Community Gift Pages and you can follow the link to read about it.

Let me know if you wanna play tooooo.

2018 Holiday Gifting Drive

Gifting Participants

Pink = In my paws

CaliVee

Aelin

Chiron

ali_sen

robkelk

M-Callahan

CathyY

Arts4Sale

Newsy ??

has extended their offer so now you get 10% off any order -- valid from now until December 31, 2018

... use this coupon code: FAC0616

Tell you friends about this offer too so all can save.

Forum Directory

Main Cell

button  Asylum TOS

button  Gallery How To's

button  Forum Hints

The Solarium

button  Our Gallery

button  Sponsors Showcase

button  Contact Us

button  Header Art

button  Anime and Manga

Poser Ward

button  News and Updates

button  Q & A

button  Tutorials

Conservatory

button  AtticFreezone

button  Aelin's Fantastic Finds

Contests Wing

button

Contest Info

button  Monthly Contests

button  Weekly Contests

Connect With Us!

button  Banner Exchange

Fantasies Realm Market @ Twitter Fantasies Realm Market @ FaceBook Fantasies Realm Market @ DeviantArt Fantasies Realm Market @ Google+ Fantasies Realm Market @ Pinterest FRM/Fantasies Attic @ LuLu

Twitter - FB - DA - Google+ - Pinterest - Lulu

Voting Booth

Click image to go cast your vote,
 then go
 here
===> 2018 voting thread!
to post it in the forum!

Award Info

Votes Need --- Award

10,000 -- Platinum Award
     5,000 --- Gold Award
     2,500 --- Silver Award
     1,000 --- Bronze Award
        300 --- Pewter Award
        100 --- Copper Award

2018 Voting Awards

100 Votes 300 Votes 1000 Votes 2500 Votes 5000 Votes 2018 Platinum

Donations

We have many special projects and every now and then a Special Cause that requires your generous help.

There are times when we do a collection to help a member in need of assistance and all those proceeds go directly to that member.

All donations of what ever size are WELCOME.

Thank you.

Featured Art

Merry Christmas

Click images to view

Weekly Winners

SAOTW
Madison © JVRenderer

TOTW

Time Lady © Jherrith

Your Art Winner

Future? Past? © eblank

Monthly Winners

JUNE COTM Winner

One Must Expect Surprises at the Border © rrkknight3

Announcements!

Album is HERE

JUNE CONTEST WINNERS

Kythorn ~ The Time of Flowers ~ Black and White ~ June 2018 Contest Winners have been announced details here

NEW!!

July 2018 Challenge of the Month (COTM)

MUSES' CHOICE
is your COTM challenge for JULY. Contest Ends on July 31st, 2018

Album is HERE

Weekly Competitions

Your Art

Giveaway of the Day

Welcome and do follow me.

Come visit with all in here, have some coffee or your favorite beverage and have loads of fun. The bar staff and keeper are always here to fill your orders.

This is our gathering place where we will share greetings, pass secrets, gossip, and enjoy each others company.  

Jherrith has agreed to fire up the grill on the weekends with some of his tasty specials.....and the COFFEE will always be hot and fresh. Especially with Fafnir and his bevy of waitresses.

Spring Fever by oldeekdog

Author Topic: Work entertainment  (Read 3837 times)

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna shall see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
Re: Work entertainment
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2017, 05:25:42 AM »
I know .... some time we do live in a fantasy world of our own devising ... tis scary that I am starting to get my mail there ... :iminnocent:
"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2017, 09:28:27 PM »
 :tearlaugh: Did some rearranging of palettes of unused and unsellable equipment that has been there since I started ... oh but we might be able to make a profit on it ... seriously ... I will have been there six years next week and so far it is not me living in a fantasy world.

Nonetheless because of being to finally get rid of the other dead stock and with a bit of creative packing and arranging I can now do the unbelievable .... I can now get four vehicles in the shop bay, as intended all these years.

Go figure ... did you really think the shop manager was going to say good job nope all I got was you should move those palettes a bit further so you are not touching them with the bumper of the truck and oh your truck rear bumper should be further inside the bay.

Seriously ... thank you so very much ... NOT ...  :whattodo:

What a jack leg
"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Offline thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Straight Jackets are FREE
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2017, 09:37:43 PM »
LOL......How many folks do you know that actually tip their hat to someone who has done good.  Hardly any....because most don't even know what the term "Tip their hat" means.....  It's not just in your neck of the woods my friend....it's found everywhere.  Nepotism still runs strong in the real world. 

Some folks don't understand that nepotism doesn't just mean the hiring within the family....it also means hiring friends who are less qualified, more dense, or can't get work anywhere else....
We Shall Stand

Online Radkres

• The Rad Hatter
  • Ranking poster
  • "Nullius in verba"
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2017, 09:48:10 PM »
I built Sears inventory control protocols my boss got a raise I got let go. :shrug:

Offline Chiron

• Centaur of the Universe
  • 1000 Grand Roller
  • We age, we don't mature
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2017, 03:35:29 AM »
:tearlaugh: Did some rearranging of palettes of unused and unsellable equipment that has been there since I started ... oh but we might be able to make a profit on it ... seriously ... I will have been there six years next week and so far it is not me living in a fantasy world.

I dared try something of the sort, just on a smaller scale, about 12 years ago - 8 drawers I desperately needed for my stuff, full to the brim with assorted pieces of paleoelectronic the Deutsches Museum would have scornfully rejected as too damn old.

Two days later a guy broke into the lab: "Say, do we still have..."
I showed him to the not yet emptied garbage can, where he started digging frantically muttering nondescript remarks about irresponsible wasters.

Since then I never tried it again.  :shrug:

"I can resist everything but temptation" (Oscar Wilde)

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2017, 05:47:06 AM »
I hear you all on your experiences and yes we certainly was not expecting the world to come to a stop ... because is certainly what would have had to happen to get him to say a kind word.

So there were no expectations (not big ones) so no disappointment (well very little)

I got my thank you from the customer, they are a major player in the manufacture of power supplies, UPS, power distribution panels and other electrical control devices.

It was originally sent to the sales rep and it did get to me and the Sr. tech as we were the ones who installed the system. So that is my win.

He is used to having to babysit other vendors and did make the remark as to if you need anything call, we never did and he stopped by on the third day and asked how things were going and had "ye ole deer in headlight" look when I said :whattodo: I am done, just need to get the final template for the radios and program them.

I don't think he was expecting that one little bit ... just an opinion.

As to tossing stuff in the bay I look to my Sr. tech for guidance before I just toss stuff as he knows if it is of use to hang on to, and how many I should hang on to, if I have an abundance. Don't waste my time with anyone else in the shop as they either say it is complete junk (this coming from an on call tech that always defers the call to another, sorry I don't give a damn if you have three kids with a fourth on the way or not, you are on call) or I get the oh no you can't throw that away we can turn a profit on it .. :thud: in a pig's eye.

The interesting part is no one goes out there to look for anything or even ask for an inventory because it is all in my head and we are not sharing :tearlaugh:

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2017, 09:07:58 PM »
Here is one for the books, boss wanted to talk about about when my classes ended as he wanted to see if I would go out of town to do a job in Baltimore.

First off the last night of class is on Monday the 11th of Dec.

Second when does this job start and what are the particulars?

He had next to nothing for details, console upgrade for nine positions, the cable has been ran, and they are switching from analog to digital.

So who else is working on it, how long will it take, and a couple of other basic questions ...  :shrug: ... was his answer.

That is when I told him that not comfortable with first going to class for a week and then having to turn right around and fly up to Maryland, to be there on Monday, I do have report cards to write and yes what about my tools that will be needed?

Because in my mind, there is no guarantee that they are going to have any additional tools and all of the material up there for all eventualities.

Plus, I now have a cat.

His response "What did you do that for?"

Inside voices, "Seriously you said that out loud." Still inside voices "What is it to you and since when does something like that matter. It is my choice."

"Well, get Larry to look after him, he likes cats."

Uh no,

Excuse me, I got him from Larry's daughter to start with .... so don't think so.

I just find it odd that all of a sudden they need help up there and they are soliciting help from Florida? Are they frelling stupid, plane fare and hotel room plus meals and such ...

So what is going on here ... it just sounds like a bail out of some sort and making a certain "manager" look good.

Because as I see it there is naught in it for me, except aggravation.

I have no one to take care of my cat, sure boarding place, that will go over real good ... not

No one to watch my place and since my lovely neighbors were stealing water last month (reflected in my water bill this month it is up ) what would happen if they realize that I am gone and for an extended period of time. Just having my car in the drive is not enough to fool folks for long.

What condition would my place be in if I were to do something like that?

Besides I am a reluctant traveler to start with, in Florida travel I can deal with, out of state and for an unknown amount of time as his answer as to how long was the job was, "until it is done" sorry wrong answer 

Offline Chiron

• 1000 Grand Roller
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2017, 01:48:13 AM »
Well, if you don't manage to find a honorable way out cheer up thinking that at least you won't have to wait 3 hours in Heathrow, fly for 11 hours over the big pond and most of the States in a lousy overcrowded aluminum can, crawl your way through the Immigration Office, have your photo and fingerprints taken like an inmate, and all this on a two days' notice... :sad:

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2017, 05:09:10 AM »
Valid point I have been to both Canada and the Philippines via a big metal bird.

The Philippines was not to bad, regrettably though Canada gave me the proverbial "shit-storm" all because of "profiling" was how I got selected for the extra random screening. Then given the third degree over events that happened over 20 years ago, wound up having to pay $200.00 for a special pass indicating that I was "rehabilitated" and therefore could enter their county.

Never been back

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2017, 05:39:51 AM »
Then again I think the part that had me cranky was the comment of why did you get a pet?

Because I can, I believe is the reason.

Conversely, what does it matter to you?

Two, I live alone by choice (or happenstance) therefore there is no one to watch the place when I am gone for an extended period of time.
And I trust my neighbors as far as I can throw them, especially since they have stolen water recently, and power at one time from me. The quality of neighbors varies inversely to the state of the economy is my theory.

Offline Chiron

• 1000 Grand Roller
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2017, 07:11:28 AM »
Then again I think the part that had me cranky was the comment of why did you get a pet?

Plenty of possible answers to such an idiotically impertinent question:

- Because I've got rats in the cellar.

- Cannot afford a wife, a cat is cheaper.

- Because I can't stand humans.

- I needed someone to answer the phone while I'm away.

- My ex wants to get back together and she has a chihuahua.

- Say, what if I were a widower with two kids?

- My Tibetan orchids need cat manure.

- Because every now and then I need to talk with someone brighter than you.

- And why are you wearing knickers?

- Because I was feeling lonely since my orangutan eloped with your daughter.

And that's just the beginning... :grin:

Offline Aelin

• Great Priestess of the corridors
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • archaeologist and cheerleader of Attic
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2017, 08:12:27 AM »
So who else is working on it, how long will it take, and a couple of other basic questions ...  :shrug: ... was his answer.
I like this kind of short answer. It says "I must know everything on that topic but didn't take the time to know. Find yourself."

And don't you have sometimes this other voice which tell: "hit the head, hit the head!" when people want to decide for your personnal life?

:(ROFLMAO: I like Chiron's answers!

Offline thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2017, 11:06:09 AM »
I like those answers also Chiron  :tearlaugh:

"J"....don't know what to say about you and your job.  I'm thinking what you need to do is find a job as a cashier in a supermarket or bookstore....  No travel involved with that   :tearlaugh:
We Shall Stand

Offline Aelin

• Great Priestess of the corridors
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • archaeologist and cheerleader of Attic
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2017, 11:14:46 AM »
I like those answers also Chiron  :tearlaugh:

"J"....don't know what to say about you and your job.  I'm thinking what you need to do is find a job as a cashier in a supermarket or bookstore....  No travel involved with that   :tearlaugh:

No comicon possible with a bookstore? :pervy:

Offline thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2017, 11:53:12 AM »
Naw....he'd be more into the "Barnes and Noble" type of store....  I'd be in HEAVEN if I worked in a Comic and Magazine Shop LOLOL...and yes....I'd travel to a Comicon and then some.  Been to many many many...and Love them.  I don't dress up in costume though....would have a hard time explaining what I had in my luggage :tearlaugh:
We Shall Stand

Poser and Daz

Click images to go to SmithMicro and Daz to read all about the programs.

Poser Pro got even better this year.

They have made it easier on content creators by integrating Poser Pro Game Dev into Poser Pro 11.

Now the content creators can create for runtimes and games with only one program!

Poser 11PoserPro 11 Daz Studio--Free

attic_468x175.jpg
participial