2018 Holiday Gift Drive

Ok, am collecting for the Community Gift Pages and you can follow the link to read about it.

Let me know if you wanna play tooooo.

2018 Holiday Gifting Drive

Gifting Participants

Pink = In my paws

CaliVee -- Aelin
Chiron -- ali_sen
robkelk -- M-Callahan
CathyY -- Arts4Sale
Scouseaphrenia
morganahope -- AA3Dstudio
FrahHawk -- Napalmarsenal
 sojournstar
Carolann -- Llola Lane
Barbariandreams
Sanbie -- TheBrownOwl/Maggi
midnightvelvet -- Eblank
Anniemation

Newsy ??

has extended their offer so now you get 10% off any order -- valid from now until December 31, 2018

... use this coupon code: FAC0616

Tell you friends about this offer too so all can save.

Forum Directory

Main Cell

button  Asylum TOS

button  Gallery How To's

button  Forum Hints

The Solarium

button  Our Gallery

button  Sponsors Showcase

button  Contact Us

button  Header Art

button  Anime and Manga

Poser Ward

button  News and Updates

button  Q & A

button  Tutorials

Conservatory

button  AtticFreezone

button  Aelin's Fantastic Finds

Contests Wing

button

Contest Info

button  Monthly Contests

button  Weekly Contests

Connect With Us!

button  Banner Exchange

Fantasies Realm Market @ Twitter Fantasies Realm Market @ FaceBook Fantasies Realm Market @ DeviantArt Fantasies Realm Market @ Google+ Fantasies Realm Market @ Pinterest FRM/Fantasies Attic @ LuLu

Twitter - FB - DA - Google+ - Pinterest - Lulu

Voting Booth

Click image to go cast your vote,
 then go
 here
===> 2018 voting thread!
to post it in the forum!

Award Info

Votes Need --- Award

10,000 -- Platinum Award
     5,000 --- Gold Award
     2,500 --- Silver Award
     1,000 --- Bronze Award
        300 --- Pewter Award
        100 --- Copper Award

2018 Voting Awards

100 Votes 300 Votes 1000 Votes 2500 Votes 5000 Votes 2018 Platinum

Donations

We have many special projects and every now and then a Special Cause that requires your generous help.

There are times when we do a collection to help a member in need of assistance and all those proceeds go directly to that member.

All donations of what ever size are WELCOME.

Thank you.

Featured Art

Happy Halloween

Click images to view

Weekly Winners

SAOTW
The Crimson Guard © JustMel

TOTW

Gaelira © Prae

Your Art Winner

Football Fun in the Backyard © UteBigSmile

Monthly Winners

August COTM Winner

Kali Busted © Inonit

Announcements!

Album is HERE

AUGUST CONTEST WINNERS

Eleasis ~ High Sun ~ Sci-Fi Warrior's through Time & Space ~ August 2018

Winners Announcement is HERE

NEW!!

September 2018 Challenge of the Month (COTM)

Through the Window
Contest Ends on September 30th, 2018

Album is HERE

~Weekly Competitions~

Your Art

Giveaway of the Day

Welcome and do follow me.

Come visit with all in here, have some coffee or your favorite beverage and have loads of fun. The bar staff and keeper are always here to fill your orders.

This is our gathering place where we will share greetings, pass secrets, gossip, and enjoy each others company.  

Jherrith has agreed to fire up the grill on the weekends with some of his tasty specials.....and the COFFEE will always be hot and fresh. Especially with Fafnir and his bevy of waitresses.

Spring Fever by oldeekdog

Author Topic: The Pet Shop  (Read 3381 times)

Jherrith and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Straight Jackets are FREE
    • The Fantasy Attic
Re: The Pet Shop
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2017, 12:44:57 PM »
LOL......seems to be that way...which would explain she always did a happy dance when I had a suitcase in hand...... 
We Shall Stand

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Evidently, I speak Mandarin........
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2017, 12:56:17 PM »
I am a hunter of small and large game, so yes I've walked in those shoes. As you say feral cats do kill wild animals, but so too do wildcats, wild dogs, foxes, and so forth. That's just their nature, and to deny them that nature is wrong. As for the 30+ bird species that have been  caused to go extinct, I think it is more the fault of we humans than it is feral cats. After all we brought the ancestors of those cats to the areas those birds lived in, and we also destroys much of their habitats with what we call "progress". Putting the blame on the animal is projecting ones own fault onto that animal. Someone earlier said humans are the most dangerous creatures on Earth, or something to that effect. It is the truth, if ever there was one. We need to recognize and own up to what we do, rather than making our deeds the fault of the other species of this planet.

I do mention 'crazy old cat ladies' who appear to be of the human variety. Why don't you read all I said before you go off? What one thoughtless human does, other people have to correct. It doesn't matter if it's Animal Control or other humans. What I didn't tell you is that he and his friends spent the next three years re-establishing the rabbit population. Making up for what someone being irresponsible and stupid did. I do not deny animals the right to do what they do, or disagree that we've stolen their land just like we did everything else. I was decrying people not being responsible for their pets which is exactly some part of your point

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2017, 12:57:55 PM »
LOL......seems to be that way...which would explain she always did a happy dance when I had a suitcase in hand......

Because you were coming home and it was bathtime, or leaving and she could go get dirty again?

Online thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2017, 03:14:02 PM »
Leaving so she could get dirty again :tearlaugh:
We Shall Stand

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Attic Icon
  • Hump-te-dump-te-DUM-dum-dum-dum!
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2017, 02:26:07 AM »
Mogwai has come up with a new way to get a light duty Bath.   When I am sitting around watching TV, tinkering with circuits, reading whatever;  he runs to the bathtub, hops in, goes to the drain end where the shower drips a bit.  Sometimes gets a drink there, but mostly gets all wet from the dripping.  Then he runs to me, hops up in my lap and I have to pet him dry.  And he is purring like crazy, his tail doing the happy dance, his eyes half closed.  One Happy Mogwai.  And if it felt good enough he does it all over again.  Heh!  The last time he got his head sopping wet.  So I rubbed the water in real good and then petted his head dry.  That satisfied him.  He just flopped over against my leg and slept. CATS!  Ha!

"Light Duty Bath" is normally a warm wet wash cloth while I am doing his morning petting.  He REQUIRES the morning petting.  Vet says it is actually kitten behavior.  He is remembering how good it felt when his Mom used to clean him every time he woke up as a kitten.  Licking his face and all.  I reckon that makes pretty good sense.  So I started using the warm wet washcloth while he wasn't looking.  He is getting used to that.

Come to think on it, he's never had a full bath since he was a kitten.   He has bigger teeth and claws than Tattoo.  The thought of him freaking while I'm bathing him scares me!  But, I might try  slowly  introducing him to The Sink as a bathtub for kitties!  SLOWLY being the operative here.  Heh!
McG. :java:

Online thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2017, 10:20:30 AM »

me not a cat person!!! unless I got a house with mice  :shrug: then I love em :mwah:

dogs give back all the love you give (and more)
cats are like bad wifes ...........look great but as much use as a dishwasher on paper plates  :puah:

I used to think the same way HH about cats vs dogs......

But now....I'm kinda enjoying this Kitten. 

I don't have to get all bundled up to take it out for a walk to go to the bathroom....which takes about a 1/2 hour....not to go...but to find that "Sweet Spot".....and you have to do it many times a day. 

You don't have to worry about being gone longer than expected because a cat can take care of itself.

Some dogs are not good lapdogs....due to size

All cats like laps and no worries about size.

Just to name a few things that come to mind...I'm sure there are others.....
We Shall Stand

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2017, 10:54:21 AM »

I used to think the same way HH about cats vs dogs......

But now....I'm kinda enjoying this Kitten. 

I don't have to get all bundled up to take it out for a walk to go to the bathroom....which takes about a 1/2 hour....not to go...but to find that "Sweet Spot".....and you have to do it many times a day. 

You don't have to worry about being gone longer than expected because a cat can take care of itself.

Some dogs are not good lapdogs....due to size

All cats like laps and no worries about size.

Just to name a few things that come to mind...I'm sure there are others.....

:tearlaugh: :tearlaugh: you haven't had my 18 pound cat on your lap.

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Attic Icon
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2017, 12:20:17 PM »
18 pounds?  Sounds like an armful!   Mine weigh pretty close to the same.  Around 11.5 to 12 pounds.  Occasionally Tattoo has hit 13.1 pounds.  He ain't fat either, that's one muscular cat.  And it feels like my arm got wrapped in barb wire when he gets spooked by a dog and has no other place to go but me.  Its worse when he climbs me to clamp onto my head.   He got surprised by a Dobie/Rottie mix puppy while we were cleaning up the inside the Jeep last summer.  Dog just walked right up and stuck its nose right IN Tattoo's kool aid!  YAOWWRRR!  SPITSPITSPITSPITSPITSPITSPITSPITSPITSPITSPITSPIT !!!!!  And the look on his face could have KILLED!   He swatted that puppy one time, who howled and left in a hurry.  It still took Tattoo a couple minutes to unwind, calm down, get his fur back down and slowly releasing my poor old arm.  He wanted me to carry him back in the house.  So I did.  And got the alcohol and cotton balls down and started cleaning up my arm.  Wow, all the little holes leaking red stuff.   Yeah poor cat.  That boy is STRONG!   Sheesh!   The puppy spooked him.  After that split second, he was pissed!  LOL!

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Attic Icon
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2017, 12:22:34 PM »
I really like it that cats take care of their own business.   Yeah beats having to go walk them a few times a day!   :o)

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Attic Icon
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2017, 12:35:10 PM »
Ray, I gave a "kitten" out of my little tricolor I had in Arkansas, Patches.  She was pregnant with some wild cats get.  There just weren't any domestics within miles of where we lived.  Other than mine.  So, anyway, I came back to Houston to get better paying work.  Left Patches with sister to have her litter.  She did two weeks after we moved.  So sis brought her down three weeks later.  Patches was nursing two kittens, each was her size.  One passed during birth.  One was a really odd looking cat.  Too big, too long legged, too strange a face.  And it was a mostly gray tabby, lots of white underneath.  I didn't even name him, and he ran off when he weaned at 6 weeks.  The other, my friends wife named Pepper, and she didn't even ask, she just took one look at him, scooped him up and walked off with him.  I was visiting them a few years later, and Pepper had got to full size.  He looked like a Siamese in color points, chocolate, but with salmon/rust overall color.  and he was long haired and was about 30 pounds.  He stood and was formed a lot like a long tail bobcat.  He was a big cat.  And his temperament?  Absolutely wonderful!  As long as Kathy liked you.  If not, you best be leaving.   I don't know if he ever sired any litters.  I know  he lived to about 20 years old.   She and my friend split up and she went to California.   She wrote a letter once to the friends mom, who called me to let me know she said hi and gave me the latest on Pepper. 
Most folks honestly do not "get" it about cats, and don't like them.   Half my family is like that.  Me, I do, and love my guys!   I was just thinking that its a pretty good thing for ME that mine didn't get Peppers size!  Ha!

Poser and Daz

Click images to go to SmithMicro and Daz to read all about the programs.

Poser Pro got even better this year.

They have made it easier on content creators by integrating Poser Pro Game Dev into Poser Pro 11.

Now the content creators can create for runtimes and games with only one program!

Poser 11PoserPro 11 Daz Studio--Free

attic_468x175.jpg
participial