2017 Community Gift Pages

Thanks to all the participants this year that made them extra special for everyone. All gifts will remain posted until moved sometime in February 2018.

Forum Directory

Main Cell

button  Asylum TOS

button  Gallery How To's

button  Forum Hints

The Solarium

button  Our Gallery

button  Sponsors Showcase

button  Contact Us

button  W.I.P Cell

Poser Ward

button  News and Updates

button  Q & A

button  Tutorials

Freebies Conservatory

button  AtticFreezone [Freestuff]

button  Aelin's Fantastic Finds

button  llexandro's Hideaway

Contests Wing

button

Contest Info

button  Monthly Contests

button  Weekly Contests

button

Connect With Us!

button  Banner Exchange

Follow fantasiesrealm on Twitter Follow fantasiesrealm on Pinterest

The Realms Market at Deviant Art

Voting Booth

Click image to go cast your vote,
 then go
 here
===> 2018 voting thread!
to post it in the forum!

Award Info

10,000 votes - Platinum Award
5,000 votes - Gold Award
2,500 votes - Silver Award
1,000 votes - Bronze Award
300 votes - Pewter Award

100 votes - Copper Award

2018 Voting Awards

100 Votes
100 Votes

Donations

xmassleigh

We have many special projects and every now and then a Special Cause that requires your generous help.

There are times when we do a collection to help a member in need of assistance and all those proceeds go directly to that member.

All donations of what ever size are WELCOME.

Thank you.

Featured Art

Merry Christmas

Click images to view

Monthly Winners

December COTM Winner

Holiday Tradition © AmirA

Announcements!

Happy Halloween

Monthly Competitions

JANUARY CONTEST

Hammer ~ Deep Winter ~ Baby It's Cold Outside ~ January 2018 Contest Album is HERE

DECEMBER CONTEST

Nightal ~ The Drawing Down ~ Christmas Cards from the Attic ~ December 2017 Contest Winners

Nightal ~ The Drawing Down ~ Fairies of Winter ~ December 2017 Contest Winners

2018 Challenge of the Month

NEW!!

January 2018 Challenge of the Month (COTM)

"Paradise"

Details here .

Weekly Competitions

Your Art

Giveaway of the Day

Welcome and do follow me.

Come visit with all in here, have some coffee or your favorite beverage and have loads of fun. The bar staff and keeper are always here to fill your orders.

This is our gathering place where we will share greetings, pass secrets, gossip, and enjoy each others company.  

Jherrith has agreed to fire up the grill on the weekends with some of his tasty specials.....and the COFFEE will always be hot and fresh. Especially with Fafnir and his bevy of waitresses.

Spring Fever by oldeekdog

Author Topic: The Pet Shop  (Read 936 times)

Online thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Straight Jackets are FREE
    • The Fantasy Attic
Re: The Pet Shop
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2017, 10:20:30 AM »

me not a cat person!!! unless I got a house with mice  :shrug: then I love em :mwah:

dogs give back all the love you give (and more)
cats are like bad wifes ...........look great but as much use as a dishwasher on paper plates  :puah:

I used to think the same way HH about cats vs dogs......

But now....I'm kinda enjoying this Kitten. 

I don't have to get all bundled up to take it out for a walk to go to the bathroom....which takes about a 1/2 hour....not to go...but to find that "Sweet Spot".....and you have to do it many times a day. 

You don't have to worry about being gone longer than expected because a cat can take care of itself.

Some dogs are not good lapdogs....due to size

All cats like laps and no worries about size.

Just to name a few things that come to mind...I'm sure there are others.....
We Shall Stand

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Evidently, I speak Mandarin........
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2017, 10:54:21 AM »

I used to think the same way HH about cats vs dogs......

But now....I'm kinda enjoying this Kitten. 

I don't have to get all bundled up to take it out for a walk to go to the bathroom....which takes about a 1/2 hour....not to go...but to find that "Sweet Spot".....and you have to do it many times a day. 

You don't have to worry about being gone longer than expected because a cat can take care of itself.

Some dogs are not good lapdogs....due to size

All cats like laps and no worries about size.

Just to name a few things that come to mind...I'm sure there are others.....

:tearlaugh: :tearlaugh: you haven't had my 18 pound cat on your lap.

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Attic Icon
  • I'm tired of shaving.
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2017, 12:20:17 PM »
18 pounds?  Sounds like an armful!   Mine weigh pretty close to the same.  Around 11.5 to 12 pounds.  Occasionally Tattoo has hit 13.1 pounds.  He ain't fat either, that's one muscular cat.  And it feels like my arm got wrapped in barb wire when he gets spooked by a dog and has no other place to go but me.  Its worse when he climbs me to clamp onto my head.   He got surprised by a Dobie/Rottie mix puppy while we were cleaning up the inside the Jeep last summer.  Dog just walked right up and stuck its nose right IN Tattoo's kool aid!  YAOWWRRR!  SPITSPITSPITSPITSPITSPITSPITSPITSPITSPITSPITSPIT !!!!!  And the look on his face could have KILLED!   He swatted that puppy one time, who howled and left in a hurry.  It still took Tattoo a couple minutes to unwind, calm down, get his fur back down and slowly releasing my poor old arm.  He wanted me to carry him back in the house.  So I did.  And got the alcohol and cotton balls down and started cleaning up my arm.  Wow, all the little holes leaking red stuff.   Yeah poor cat.  That boy is STRONG!   Sheesh!   The puppy spooked him.  After that split second, he was pissed!  LOL!
McG. :java:

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Attic Icon
  • I'm tired of shaving.
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2017, 12:22:34 PM »
I really like it that cats take care of their own business.   Yeah beats having to go walk them a few times a day!   :o)

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Attic Icon
  • I'm tired of shaving.
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2017, 12:35:10 PM »
Ray, I gave a "kitten" out of my little tricolor I had in Arkansas, Patches.  She was pregnant with some wild cats get.  There just weren't any domestics within miles of where we lived.  Other than mine.  So, anyway, I came back to Houston to get better paying work.  Left Patches with sister to have her litter.  She did two weeks after we moved.  So sis brought her down three weeks later.  Patches was nursing two kittens, each was her size.  One passed during birth.  One was a really odd looking cat.  Too big, too long legged, too strange a face.  And it was a mostly gray tabby, lots of white underneath.  I didn't even name him, and he ran off when he weaned at 6 weeks.  The other, my friends wife named Pepper, and she didn't even ask, she just took one look at him, scooped him up and walked off with him.  I was visiting them a few years later, and Pepper had got to full size.  He looked like a Siamese in color points, chocolate, but with salmon/rust overall color.  and he was long haired and was about 30 pounds.  He stood and was formed a lot like a long tail bobcat.  He was a big cat.  And his temperament?  Absolutely wonderful!  As long as Kathy liked you.  If not, you best be leaving.   I don't know if he ever sired any litters.  I know  he lived to about 20 years old.   She and my friend split up and she went to California.   She wrote a letter once to the friends mom, who called me to let me know she said hi and gave me the latest on Pepper. 
Most folks honestly do not "get" it about cats, and don't like them.   Half my family is like that.  Me, I do, and love my guys!   I was just thinking that its a pretty good thing for ME that mine didn't get Peppers size!  Ha!

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2017, 05:46:32 PM »
18 pounds?  Sounds like an armful!   Mine weigh pretty close to the same.  Around 11.5 to 12 pounds.  Occasionally Tattoo has hit 13.1 pounds.  He ain't fat either, that's one muscular cat.  And it feels like my arm got wrapped in barb wire when he gets spooked by a dog and has no other place to go but me.  Its worse when he climbs me to clamp onto my head.   He got surprised by a Dobie/Rottie mix puppy while we were cleaning up the inside the Jeep last summer.  Dog just walked right up and stuck its nose right IN Tattoo's kool aid!  YAOWWRRR!  SPITSPITSPITSPITSPITSPITSPITSPITSPITSPITSPITSPIT !!!!!  And the look on his face could have KILLED!   He swatted that puppy one time, who howled and left in a hurry.  It still took Tattoo a couple minutes to unwind, calm down, get his fur back down and slowly releasing my poor old arm.  He wanted me to carry him back in the house.  So I did.  And got the alcohol and cotton balls down and started cleaning up my arm.  Wow, all the little holes leaking red stuff.   Yeah poor cat.  That boy is STRONG!   Sheesh!   The puppy spooked him.  After that split second, he was pissed!  LOL!

That's about 7-8 pounds difference and that is a large difference as far as I'm concerned: between picking her up now (I can't) and picking her up when she weighed 12 pounds (I could). I can't have her in my lap any more because she shuts off the circulation in my legs after about 3-4 minutes. She's a dense, big-boned stocky girl...about 19" long from base of tail to nose and about a foot at the head crown; 10" more or less at the shoulder. She doesn't eat human food at all - only dry and about 1/2 cup a day of that. She does have cat-grass to eat. Mostly she's lazy and sleeps a lot. I got her a toy and have been playing with her with it to get some exercise - and fun. Trouble is, she never wants me to stop.

Oh, not to mention she's squirming mightily if you're trying to pick her up, which makes them feel another five pounds or more heavier. 

Online thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Straight Jackets are FREE
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2017, 06:03:54 PM »
:tearlaugh: :tearlaugh: you haven't had my 18 pound cat on your lap.

LOL...Can't be no worse than having a Great Grand on the lap...that wiggles and bounces constantly LOLOL
We Shall Stand

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna shall see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2017, 06:17:25 PM »
The joys of being single no wiggling and bouncing child or grand or great grand in the lap

Now the 12# cat in the lap when he deigns to sit in my lap is another story. Especially while in the bed he has a tendency to hit the stomach area with his paws and knead and knead and knead and well, you get the point
"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2017, 07:08:26 PM »
LOL...Can't be no worse than having a Great Grand on the lap...that wiggles and bounces constantly LOLOL

Yup, it's about the same. Lol.

My cat always manages to dig her 'elbows' into my leg in places where there are arteries and veins, so it's like putting a clamp on them.

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Attic Icon
  • I'm tired of shaving.
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2017, 08:40:42 PM »
Ah I meant my two weigh about the same as each other, not same as yours!   I do feel J's discomfort with his doing the belly dance!  LOL!  Mine didn't like mine after I had the op.  Mighty thoughtful of them!   But I guess it is the oddness of the device that throws em off mentally.  So they stay away from it.  Anyway, they do love standing in my lap when I'm sitting, kneading my thighs.  Its all cool till they are both standing there!  LOL!   And their paw pads can get so COLD!   They do stay off my belly, but when they think its time for me to get up they ain't shy about sniffing around my ears and face.  That bugs me enough to wake me up.  Heh!

Offline Aelin

• The Seeker
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • archaeologist and cheerleader of Attic
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2017, 07:21:18 AM »
Well, my 'little gabarit' cat is just 7,7 pounds if I made good calculations (the second is the taller and just 6,6 pounds ). When I read 18 pounds :panic: I'm not sure we have this kind of cats in France, or maybe with Mancoon.

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2017, 07:39:55 AM »
I have no idea what my cat's parentage is except that one was likely black and the other one probably a tiger stripe. Those are the color cats to breed if you want a tortoiseshell (possibly). Any breed of cat can be a tortie but the parents have to be those colors. I've often wondered if she has Maine Coon in her, since she is so big and has the long hair.

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna shall see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2017, 07:40:43 AM »
Just weighed Watanuki, a bit more accurately this morn and he is more of a 14# :thud:

Which explains why it can be quite uncomfortable when he gets on my belly and chest and does his, "I am just trying to get comfortable dance."

I am certainly not fat by any definition of the word but neither do I have rock hard abs :tearlaugh:
"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

Offline Aelin

• The Seeker
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • archaeologist and cheerleader of Attic
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2017, 07:53:43 AM »
I have no idea what my cat's parentage is except that one was likely black and the other one probably a tiger stripe. Those are the color cats to breed if you want a tortoiseshell (possibly). Any breed of cat can be a tortie but the parents have to be those colors. I've often wondered if she has Maine Coon in her, since she is so big and has the long hair.
My first tortoiseshell, Tania (like the sister of the mouse Fievel :psycho: ) was a cat with a lot of Bretagne origins. They are little cats compared to others in France. Her mother was 3 colors, but in place of black she was white.

Giroflée, the present tortoiseshell, is a little gabarit, but with a short back, maybe a non finished growth. I don't know at all her origins for breed. She is just "european cat" according her carnet.  :shrug:

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Attic Icon
  • I'm tired of shaving.
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2017, 11:02:26 AM »
After seeing Bobcats up close, I am glad none of mine ever got that big.   My two are reckoned to be mid size cats.  Ray yours would be a big one. J your Watanuki is still a mid size.  But he isn't grown yet is he?
Just wait, heh!

I never picked a Bobcat up, but the look of them says between 30 and 40 pounds.   Dat a big puddy tat!
Like that kitten I gave my friends wife way back there.  He got up to about 30 pounds.   For a domestic that was a BIG cat.  Lots of hair too!  BIG head and paws.   I am honestly glad he was hers!!!

Poser and Daz

Click images to go to SmithMicro and Daz to read all about the programs.

Poser Pro got even better this year.

They have made it easier on content creators by integrating Poser Pro Game Dev into Poser Pro 11.

Now the content creators can create for runtimes and games with only one program!

Poser 11PoserPro 11 Daz Studio--Free

attic_468x175.jpg