2018 Holiday Gift Drive

Ok, am collecting for the Community Gift Pages and you can follow the link to read about it.

Let me know if you wanna play tooooo.

2018 Holiday Gifting Drive

Gifting Participants

Pink = In my paws

CaliVee -- Aelin
Chiron -- ali_sen
robkelk -- M-Callahan
CathyY -- Arts4Sale
Scouseaphrenia
morganahope -- AA3Dstudio
FrahHawk -- Napalmarsenal
eBlank -- sojournstar
Carolann -- Llola Lane
Barbariandreams
Sanbie -- TheBrownOwl/Maggi
midnightvelvet -- Eblank

Newsy ??

has extended their offer so now you get 10% off any order -- valid from now until December 31, 2018

... use this coupon code: FAC0616

Tell you friends about this offer too so all can save.

Forum Directory

Main Cell

button  Asylum TOS

button  Gallery How To's

button  Forum Hints

The Solarium

button  Our Gallery

button  Sponsors Showcase

button  Contact Us

button  Header Art

button  Anime and Manga

Poser Ward

button  News and Updates

button  Q & A

button  Tutorials

Conservatory

button  AtticFreezone

button  Aelin's Fantastic Finds

Contests Wing

button

Contest Info

button  Monthly Contests

button  Weekly Contests

Connect With Us!

button  Banner Exchange

Fantasies Realm Market @ Twitter Fantasies Realm Market @ FaceBook Fantasies Realm Market @ DeviantArt Fantasies Realm Market @ Google+ Fantasies Realm Market @ Pinterest FRM/Fantasies Attic @ LuLu

Twitter - FB - DA - Google+ - Pinterest - Lulu

Voting Booth

Click image to go cast your vote,
 then go
 here
===> 2018 voting thread!
to post it in the forum!

Award Info

Votes Need --- Award

10,000 -- Platinum Award
     5,000 --- Gold Award
     2,500 --- Silver Award
     1,000 --- Bronze Award
        300 --- Pewter Award
        100 --- Copper Award

2018 Voting Awards

100 Votes 300 Votes 1000 Votes 2500 Votes 5000 Votes 2018 Platinum

Donations

We have many special projects and every now and then a Special Cause that requires your generous help.

There are times when we do a collection to help a member in need of assistance and all those proceeds go directly to that member.

All donations of what ever size are WELCOME.

Thank you.

Featured Art

Merry Christmas

Click images to view

Weekly Winners

SAOTW
The Crimson Guard © JustMel

TOTW

Gaelira © Prae

Your Art Winner

Football Fun in the Backyard © UteBigSmile

Monthly Winners

August COTM Winner

Kali Busted © Inonit

Announcements!

Album is HERE

AUGUST CONTEST WINNERS

Eleasis ~ High Sun ~ Sci-Fi Warrior's through Time & Space ~ August 2018

Winners Announcement is HERE

NEW!!

September 2018 Challenge of the Month (COTM)

Through the Window
Contest Ends on September 30th, 2018

Album is HERE

~Weekly Competitions~

Your Art

Giveaway of the Day

Welcome and do follow me.

Come visit with all in here, have some coffee or your favorite beverage and have loads of fun. The bar staff and keeper are always here to fill your orders.

This is our gathering place where we will share greetings, pass secrets, gossip, and enjoy each others company.  

Jherrith has agreed to fire up the grill on the weekends with some of his tasty specials.....and the COFFEE will always be hot and fresh. Especially with Fafnir and his bevy of waitresses.

Spring Fever by oldeekdog

Author Topic: The Pet Shop  (Read 3323 times)

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Attic Icon
  • Hump-te-dump-te-DUM-dum-dum-dum!
Re: The Pet Shop
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2017, 11:09:19 AM »
I like Tricolors.   Most of those are female, but not all.   I like marble Tabby and Spotted Tabby too.  The so called Mackerel (tiger stripe) is the most common I think.  They're everywhere!
McG. :java:

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Evidently, I speak Mandarin........
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2017, 11:23:06 AM »
My first tortoiseshell, Tania (like the sister of the mouse Fievel :psycho: ) was a cat with a lot of Bretagne origins. They are little cats compared to others in France. Her mother was 3 colors, but in place of black she was white.

Giroflée, the present tortoiseshell, is a little gabarit, but with a short back, maybe a non finished growth. I don't know at all her origins for breed. She is just "european cat" according her carnet.  :shrug:

Sounds like Tania's mother was what we call a Calico. Maybe. Oh well, mine's just a North American Longhair according to her pedigree. European Cat is much the same sort of pedigree.

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2017, 11:39:17 AM »
After seeing Bobcats up close, I am glad none of mine ever got that big.   My two are reckoned to be mid size cats.  Ray yours would be a big one. J your Watanuki is still a mid size.  But he isn't grown yet is he?
Just wait, heh!

I never picked a Bobcat up, but the look of them says between 30 and 40 pounds.   Dat a big puddy tat!
Like that kitten I gave my friends wife way back there.  He got up to about 30 pounds.   For a domestic that was a BIG cat.  Lots of hair too!  BIG head and paws.   I am honestly glad he was hers!!!

I'm well aware she's a big one. :tearlaugh: Especially when I have to walk around her several times a day. Her favorite place to lay when she's awake is in the middle of the floor.

I have seen an adult Bengal and they do get rather large and stocky. There was a record store/head shop down south of a place where I used to live in Denver proper and they had a Bengal and one of the other 'big-cat knock-offs' that was marked like a jaguar. They were both about the same size as my cat without all the floofy fur.

That cat must have had some Maine Coon or been entirely Maine Coon to be that big.

You mentioned longer hind legs. I know of at least two other breeds of cat that have long hind legs. One's called a "Rag Doll" cat and the other is the "Norweigian Forest Cat". They're both long-haired too.

Heh...bobcats - nasty tempered little monsters.... I had a sort of a run in with one on a day at the zoo. He hissed at me when I walked up to the fence in front of their cages. So, I hissed back. Then he starts staring me down. So, I stare him down too. And we engaged in a hissing match then. Finally, he got so mad at me that he turned around and sprayed me.  :puah:

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Attic Icon
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2017, 06:50:15 AM »
I would laugh but even I can smell THAT!   Ammonia city!  Phew!   I have seen a number of cats with "jacked up back ends" (LONG hind legs).   Tattoo is kinda long legged in the back, but not like what I am talking about.  Bobcats, Cheetahs, Ocelots have VERY long back legs.  Lions, Tigers, Jaguars, Puma have more or less an even legged stride.   And Leopards.   There are some African cats, small cats, that have long back legs.  Savannah?  There is another too, but I forget its name.

Patches three kittens together weighed more than she did.  I never saw that little tricolor so happy as when she was pregnant that time.   It was her only pregnancy.  The two that lived, Pepper went to Cathy, and NoName went.  Away, just left.   He never took to humans really so I have a pretty good idea where he got off to.   Plenty of woods, other cats near, lots and lots of prey items easy to catch.  He was big too, and REAL tall in the back.   If he'd have chosen me/us to stay with, I'd gladly have kept and cared for him.  Wasn't his nature though.

Yaknow, there is a key word there.  Nature.   Most domestic cats nature IS to be with humans.  Some, not so much.  Like Li'l Mister.  He came in the house on his own, not for me.  He came in to play with Mogwai.  And he stayed in for three years.  When Mogwai started ignoring him, he darted out the door and that was the end of that!

Bengals.  They don't really get that big on average.   12-14 pounds for males, a bit less for queens.  Stocky yeah.  Strong boned, heavy muscle.   They are hybrids.  The Ocecat is not supposed to be a hybrid, but I wouldn't take that to the bank.  There is another one we call Savannah, the domestic version.  It too is a hybrid.  And, like you explained elsewhere, there are active measures being taken to eliminate breeding and sale of all hybrid cats.  Problems with nonprofessional breeders creating unhealthy lines, and people buying them then just turning them loose when not wanted anymore.  The foundation stock is NEVER to be sold or given to the public at large.  And that has happened.  Kittens have been stolen.  Many ways hybrids too near foundation (smaller number than F4) getting free and breeding.  OR getting sent to homes with very poorly informed and prepared owners.   
My Tattoo is supposed to be an F6.  That is fine for going to the public.   That said he WAS a handful with the differences between him and normal domestics.  Some wild traits just cannot be bred out. 

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Attic Icon
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2017, 06:58:07 AM »
All this has me wondering.   Is/Was Pepper a hybrid?  If I knew for certain Patches got bred by a Bobcat, then yes, Pepper was a hybrid.  But his personality  was very much like his mom, Patches.  Laid back, easy going, liked to play, loved being where ever his human was.   Diametric opposite of NoName.  I think they wer3e hybrid.

Offline Aelin

• Great Priestess of the corridors
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • archaeologist-cheerleader of Attic
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2017, 07:42:41 AM »
Sounds like Tania's mother was what we call a Calico. Maybe. Oh well, mine's just a North American Longhair according to her pedigree. European Cat is much the same sort of pedigree.
Yes, Calico, I hadn't the memory of the name.
She was a good momma and aunt. She had a sister with 2 babies, but her sister hadn't enoughmilk. So the Tania's mother had her own babies more the 2 others. In all, 6 or 7 babies to feed.
Sisters loved each other, they went often together.
That was to the farm of my father, cats lived their lives by themselves mainly.

So the continent name is to do a general name if we haven't cat with a 'real' pedigree for contests I guess.

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2017, 08:51:32 AM »
I would laugh but even I can smell THAT!   Ammonia city!  Phew!   I have seen a number of cats with "jacked up back ends" (LONG hind legs).   Tattoo is kinda long legged in the back, but not like what I am talking about.  Bobcats, Cheetahs, Ocelots have VERY long back legs.  Lions, Tigers, Jaguars, Puma have more or less an even legged stride.   And Leopards.   There are some African cats, small cats, that have long back legs.  Savannah?  There is another too, but I forget its name.

Patches three kittens together weighed more than she did.  I never saw that little tricolor so happy as when she was pregnant that time.   It was her only pregnancy.  The two that lived, Pepper went to Cathy, and NoName went.  Away, just left.   He never took to humans really so I have a pretty good idea where he got off to.   Plenty of woods, other cats near, lots and lots of prey items easy to catch.  He was big too, and REAL tall in the back.   If he'd have chosen me/us to stay with, I'd gladly have kept and cared for him.  Wasn't his nature though.

Yaknow, there is a key word there.  Nature.   Most domestic cats nature IS to be with humans.  Some, not so much.  Like Li'l Mister.  He came in the house on his own, not for me.  He came in to play with Mogwai.  And he stayed in for three years.  When Mogwai started ignoring him, he darted out the door and that was the end of that!

Bengals.  They don't really get that big on average.   12-14 pounds for males, a bit less for queens.  Stocky yeah.  Strong boned, heavy muscle.   They are hybrids.  The Ocecat is not supposed to be a hybrid, but I wouldn't take that to the bank.  There is another one we call Savannah, the domestic version.  It too is a hybrid.  And, like you explained elsewhere, there are active measures being taken to eliminate breeding and sale of all hybrid cats.  Problems with nonprofessional breeders creating unhealthy lines, and people buying them then just turning them loose when not wanted anymore.  The foundation stock is NEVER to be sold or given to the public at large.  And that has happened.  Kittens have been stolen.  Many ways hybrids too near foundation (smaller number than F4) getting free and breeding.  OR getting sent to homes with very poorly informed and prepared owners.   
My Tattoo is supposed to be an F6.  That is fine for going to the public.   That said he WAS a handful with the differences between him and normal domestics.  Some wild traits just cannot be bred out.

I laughed and called him a few choice names. But I was baiting him, so.... :shrug: It was just one of those days at the zoo. I also had a billy goat try to eat the back of my dress.

There are also dogs who have 'jacked up back ends'. These are mostly sight hounds like Afghans, Salukis and greyhounds, wolf-hounds, deer-hounds. The feline equivalent of these hounds is the Cheetah. Remember I said my Afghan could turn on a dime? That jacked up, swiveling back end is why. Their land is hilly and often rocky and they hunt mountain goats and gazelle type animals. That's why they're built like that. All those hounds are built very similarly to a Cheetah with the little hips, long body and legs, and big barreled chest. Which kind of says that is the template build for an efficient sight-hunter. Afghans, Salukis and greyhounds do their chasing in much the same way as a Cheetah, swerving through tall grass, over rocks and uneven ground.
Lions, tigers and Jags stalk through the tall grass. They're only capable of short runs because they're big, bulky and have squared bodies. (That's my cat.) So, the body build in general indicates something about the hunting character of the cat.

As for what size Watanuki might get. I believe he's a year or less, J said. If he weighs 14 lb now he's not going to stay there once he gets fully adult. You can't hold all animals to the average because some people always seem to end up with larger than normal pets...like me. Afghans average between 40-60 pounds. Mine was 110 and he was literally the runt of the litter when I got him. He didn't end up being the runt. He ended up being as large as his daddy (Solomon). You know how much my cat weighs. Now, she's built more like a lion with a squared body.

I don't recall saying anything about them stopping the hybrid cat breeding anywhere. I am not aware of attempts to stop it. But yes, they should keep their breeding stock in place as long as life permits. But sometimes life does mess all that up. As far as I know it's still going strong.   

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2017, 08:54:39 AM »
Yes, Calico, I hadn't the memory of the name.
She was a good momma and aunt. She had a sister with 2 babies, but her sister hadn't enoughmilk. So the Tania's mother had her own babies more the 2 others. In all, 6 or 7 babies to feed.
Sisters loved each other, they went often together.
That was to the farm of my father, cats lived their lives by themselves mainly.

So the continent name is to do a general name if we haven't cat with a 'real' pedigree for contests I guess.

It's nice that the girls had each other to go around with and were there to help each other. Farm cats don't get a lot of love and attention, do they?

Yes, the continent name of origin is for your mixes and non-specific breeds - domestic cats, mutts. Lol.

Offline Aelin

• Great Priestess of the corridors
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • archaeologist-cheerleader of Attic
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2017, 09:19:53 AM »
It's nice that the girls had each other to go around with and were there to help each other. Farm cats don't get a lot of love and attention, do they?

Yes, the continent name of origin is for your mixes and non-specific breeds - domestic cats, mutts. Lol.
No they haven't too much indeed. They profited a little when I came, surrounding me with meows when I wanted to go at home :psycho: I know also they profited when I wasn't there when my father found a new woman with girls.
But few by few, either cats ended on the road :sigh: or they went elsewhere.
Maybe lineage didn't continue too much generations too, because before Tania was neutered she had an infection of uterus. Time we saw, she was lucky to survive. Cats are sometimes too silent when they have issues :thud:
One of her sisters came in the family of a friend, and she stayed a cat countryside. No neutered, and she had at least 2 litters. Each time kittens had physical issues and weren't able to survive.

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Attic Icon
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2017, 09:32:46 AM »
OK on me being forgetful again.  I don't recall who said that but it seemed a common sense positive answer to an issue being talked over.   I agree that the Bengal breed in particular needs much tighter controls.  I see the same things the Rescue places are getting loud about.  They have good reason.  If I hadn't changed MY ways, me and Tattoo would still be going at it.   He really is an amazing guy.  WAY smarter than any cat I ever had before.  And, he truly chose ME as his person.  I wanted that so by golly I deal with it.   I am glad I did change my whole outlook on him.   He is easy to get along with, really!

:xmas1: :lite2: :xmas1: :lite2: :xmas1:

Poser and Daz

Click images to go to SmithMicro and Daz to read all about the programs.

Poser Pro got even better this year.

They have made it easier on content creators by integrating Poser Pro Game Dev into Poser Pro 11.

Now the content creators can create for runtimes and games with only one program!

Poser 11PoserPro 11 Daz Studio--Free

attic_468x175.jpg
participial