2018 Holiday Gift Drive

Ok, am collecting for the Community Gift Pages and you can follow the link to read about it.

Let me know if you wanna play tooooo.

2018 Holiday Gifting Drive

Gifting Participants

Pink = In my paws

CaliVee -- Aelin
Chiron -- ali_sen
robkelk -- M-Callahan
CathyY -- Arts4Sale
Scouseaphrenia
morganahope -- AA3Dstudio
FrahHawk -- Napalmarsenal
eBlank -- sojournstar
Carolann -- Llola Lane
Barbariandreams
Sanbie -- TheBrownOwl/Maggi
midnightvelvet

Newsy ??

has extended their offer so now you get 10% off any order -- valid from now until December 31, 2018

... use this coupon code: FAC0616

Tell you friends about this offer too so all can save.

Forum Directory

Main Cell

button  Asylum TOS

button  Gallery How To's

button  Forum Hints

The Solarium

button  Our Gallery

button  Sponsors Showcase

button  Contact Us

button  Header Art

button  Anime and Manga

Poser Ward

button  News and Updates

button  Q & A

button  Tutorials

Conservatory

button  AtticFreezone

button  Aelin's Fantastic Finds

Contests Wing

button

Contest Info

button  Monthly Contests

button  Weekly Contests

Connect With Us!

button  Banner Exchange

Fantasies Realm Market @ Twitter Fantasies Realm Market @ FaceBook Fantasies Realm Market @ DeviantArt Fantasies Realm Market @ Google+ Fantasies Realm Market @ Pinterest FRM/Fantasies Attic @ LuLu

Twitter - FB - DA - Google+ - Pinterest - Lulu

Voting Booth

Click image to go cast your vote,
 then go
 here
===> 2018 voting thread!
to post it in the forum!

Award Info

Votes Need --- Award

10,000 -- Platinum Award
     5,000 --- Gold Award
     2,500 --- Silver Award
     1,000 --- Bronze Award
        300 --- Pewter Award
        100 --- Copper Award

2018 Voting Awards

100 Votes 300 Votes 1000 Votes 2500 Votes 5000 Votes 2018 Platinum

Donations

We have many special projects and every now and then a Special Cause that requires your generous help.

There are times when we do a collection to help a member in need of assistance and all those proceeds go directly to that member.

All donations of what ever size are WELCOME.

Thank you.

Featured Art

Merry Christmas

Click images to view

Weekly Winners

SAOTW
Magic Portal © Fruity

TOTW

Lashka the Blood Queen © roni190

Your Art Winner

Come Get Some! © Paul

Monthly Winners

August COTM Winner

Kali Busted © Inonit

Announcements!

Album is HERE

AUGUST CONTEST WINNERS

Eleasis ~ High Sun ~ Sci-Fi Warrior's through Time & Space ~ August 2018

Winners Announcement is HERE

NEW!!

September 2018 Challenge of the Month (COTM)

Through the Window
Contest Ends on September 30th, 2018

Album is HERE

~Weekly Competitions~

Your Art

Giveaway of the Day

Welcome and do follow me.

Come visit with all in here, have some coffee or your favorite beverage and have loads of fun. The bar staff and keeper are always here to fill your orders.

This is our gathering place where we will share greetings, pass secrets, gossip, and enjoy each others company.  

Jherrith has agreed to fire up the grill on the weekends with some of his tasty specials.....and the COFFEE will always be hot and fresh. Especially with Fafnir and his bevy of waitresses.

Spring Fever by oldeekdog

Author Topic: The Pet Shop  (Read 3306 times)

Offline Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna shall see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
Re: The Pet Shop
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2017, 09:34:47 AM »

As for what size Watanuki might get. I believe he's a year or less, J said. If he weighs 14 lb now he's not going to stay there once he gets fully adult.

Well, you got me curious so I looked at the records I was given on him, they actually consider him a domestic short hair.

Although I think he would be a mix mainly because of the coloration but ... whatever ... moot point

He was a shelter pet that was adopted by my senior bench tech's daughter. He was found apparently at two months of age, in July of 2016

So that means May of 2016 he was born which means, I was way off on my original age remarks.

He is more like 1 year 7 months.
"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Attic Icon
  • Hump-te-dump-te-DUM-dum-dum-dum!
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2017, 09:37:14 AM »
Mutt.  That's what Mogwai is!   But so lovable and loving it ain't funny.   Many times I can't type on the keyboard because he has plopped himself right between me and the keyboard.  I have to scoot up close so he don't fall off when he falls asleep.   He normally just curls up right here and konks out, every day.  not all day, happily!  Ha!
McG. :java:

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Evidently, I speak Mandarin........
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2017, 09:45:19 AM »
No they haven't too much indeed. They profited a little when I came, surrounding me with meows when I wanted to go at home :psycho: I know also they profited when I wasn't there when my father found a new woman with girls.
But few by few, either cats ended on the road :sigh: or they went elsewhere.
Maybe lineage didn't continue too much generations too, because before Tania was neutered she had an infection of uterus. Time we saw, she was lucky to survive. Cats are sometimes too silent when they have issues :thud:
One of her sisters came in the family of a friend, and she stayed a cat countryside. No neutered, and she had at least 2 litters. Each time kittens had physical issues and weren't able to survive.

Did they have problems with their litters because they were so small or because they're 'just farm cats' and not paid much attention?

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Evidently, I speak Mandarin........
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2017, 09:48:17 AM »
Well, you got me curious so I looked at the records I was given on him, they actually consider him a domestic short hair.

Although I think he would be a mix mainly because of the coloration but ... whatever ... moot point

He was a shelter pet that was adopted by my senior bench tech's daughter. He was found apparently at two months of age, in July of 2016

So that means May of 2016 he was born which means, I was way off on my original age remarks.

He is more like 1 year 7 months.

It's still going to depend on him and you. But yes, he should be close to his adult weight. My cat didn't really reach her full height and weight until she was about 7-8 years old. I think she was around 14-15 pounds for several years, actually. She's strictly an indoor cat, though - i.e. lazy and sleeps a lot.

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Attic Icon
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2017, 09:52:03 AM »
Cool, Watanuki will likely be grown at 2 years.    He has most of his size by now.   Could keep growing to as much as 5 years, but not so likely on that long.   The pics I saw of him make me think Bengal, Brown Marbled coat.   At that point the list of physical "points" starts.  Black feet and backs of wrists and ankles, black pads.  Spots on belly, crazed patterns in the coat but no 'mackerel striping' on the body, some on the upper fore legs yes.  some banding on tail, head wide, long but low.  Fairly short muzzle, broad nose, smooth break from nose to noggin.  Asymmetrical patterning, each side is different to the other.  That kind of stuff. 

http://www.kingsmarkfarms.com/bengals/kingpattern.htm  for a look at various Bengals.  The Rosette patterns are the most desirable for show.  Marbled coats are great too, but all too often they have a bulls eye rosette like Tattoo does.  Not desirable for showing.  Me, I don't give a hoot about showing.  I just love my boys and am happy I have them!

And for those curious about the various breeds, or just one in particular, here is a good site:
http://www.tica.org/en/    The International Cat Association.   Great place to learn stuff!

Offline Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna shall see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2017, 09:53:31 AM »
That would be him, one of those idle lay about ... definitely has some odd places he chooses to curl up though, underneath my dresser, on top of the nightstand at the front door, inside of a printer paper box and occasionally on my bed while I am sleeping.
"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Attic Icon
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2017, 10:00:34 AM »
Domestic Shorthair is what they call cats that aren't a particular "breed".   Well, there is also Domestic Longhair and Domestic Short Tail.    Pretty obvious which is which!  LOL!

If Tattoo hadn't been so different in behavior, I'd have just counted him a Domestic Shorthair and been done with it.   I mean, I am sitting with a Wacom pen tablet, in Photoshop, having crazy fun doing some cool stuff and suddenly there is this gorgeous furry face with BIG yellow eyes sitting on my keyboard looking me square in the eyes.  And whrrr-grunt-ing.  Yeah he talks!  Later I get to looking for him, walk out of the room and my head gets gently swatted by a furry paw from overhead.  Ha!    Lots of little things like that just made me wonder.  So, all my reading says, he's likely a Bengal for real. 

Offline Aelin

• Great Priestess of the corridors
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • archaeologist-cheerleader of Attic
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2017, 10:00:48 AM »
Did they have problems with their litters because they were so small or because they're 'just farm cats' and not paid much attention?
I really don't know. Maybe somewhere one ancester gave them a bad gene which was worse with generations.
Even if they hadn't much attention, last 2 years were I went they had a bit of dry food cats if they wanted, in more of what they were able to catch. That was the step mother who thought to them - and she gave them no betts :psycho: :thud: They had a good size and weight that is sure.

The Tania's generation hadn't physical issues, at least nothing under the look. Nor the generation of her mother. But it's true they were few again last time I went at farm, and they were always from these 2 generations. Tania was 3 years old at that time; so logically some other kittens could be possible from one or other cat.

Bretagne cats are little compare to other races, but they can easily do the mix, so I don't think the size was the problem. Tania was mainly a "Bretagne" cat but she had local blood also (cats from an area not far of Loire castles); she heired the size part from her mommy. And she was like her too kind with humans too - the reason for why I asked to bring her back with me :winks:

Offline Aelin

• Great Priestess of the corridors
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • archaeologist-cheerleader of Attic
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2017, 10:02:21 AM »
It was also the first time I saw a tortoiseshell. And Tania had these little boots in back paws. She was my real Puss in Boots lol

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Attic Icon
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2017, 10:03:38 AM »
J, it sounds like you definitely got a CAT!   LOL!   And a pretty darn good one too.   They love boxes man.   REALLY love boxes!    They like em laying on the side so they have a crawl-in apartment too. 

Poser and Daz

Click images to go to SmithMicro and Daz to read all about the programs.

Poser Pro got even better this year.

They have made it easier on content creators by integrating Poser Pro Game Dev into Poser Pro 11.

Now the content creators can create for runtimes and games with only one program!

Poser 11PoserPro 11 Daz Studio--Free

attic_468x175.jpg