Newsy ??

has extended their offer so now you get 10% off any order -- valid from now until December 31, 2018

... use this coupon code: FAC0616

Tell you friends about this offer too so all can save.

Forum Directory

Main Cell

button  Asylum TOS

button  Gallery How To's

button  Forum Hints

The Solarium

button  Our Gallery

button  Sponsors Showcase

button  Contact Us

button  Header Art

button  Anime and Manga

Poser Ward

button  News and Updates

button  Q & A

button  Tutorials

Conservatory

button  AtticFreezone

button  Aelin's Fantastic Finds

Contests Wing

button

Contest Info

button  Monthly Contests

button  Weekly Contests

Connect With Us!

button  Banner Exchange

Fantasies Realm Market @ Twitter Fantasies Realm Market @ FaceBook Fantasies Realm Market @ DeviantArt Fantasies Realm Market @ Google+ Fantasies Realm Market @ Pinterest FRM/Fantasies Attic @ LuLu

Twitter - FB - DA - Google+ - Pinterest - Lulu

Voting Booth

Click image to go cast your vote,
 then go
 here
===> 2018 voting thread!
to post it in the forum!

Award Info

Votes Need --- Award

10,000 -- Platinum Award
     5,000 --- Gold Award
     2,500 --- Silver Award
     1,000 --- Bronze Award
        300 --- Pewter Award
        100 --- Copper Award

2018 Voting Awards

100 Votes 300 Votes 1000 Votes 2500 Votes 5000 Votes

Donations

We have many special projects and every now and then a Special Cause that requires your generous help.

There are times when we do a collection to help a member in need of assistance and all those proceeds go directly to that member.

All donations of what ever size are WELCOME.

Thank you.

Featured Art

Merry Christmas

Click images to view

Weekly Winners

SAOTW
Fawn © Midnightvelvet

TOTW

Learning © Musicat

Your Art Winner

Top model © Nemesis

Monthly Winners

MAY COTM Winner

Song from a Secret Garden © Heitaikai

Announcements!

Album is HERE

MAY CONTEST WINNERS

Mirtul ~ The Melting ~ Flight of the Flutterwings ~ May 2018 Contest Winners can be found HERE

NEW!!

June 2018 Challenge of the Month (COTM)

Bordertown
is your COTM challenge for JUNE. Contest Ends on June 30th, 2018

Weekly Competitions

Your Art

Giveaway of the Day

Welcome and do follow me.

Come visit with all in here, have some coffee or your favorite beverage and have loads of fun. The bar staff and keeper are always here to fill your orders.

This is our gathering place where we will share greetings, pass secrets, gossip, and enjoy each others company.  

Jherrith has agreed to fire up the grill on the weekends with some of his tasty specials.....and the COFFEE will always be hot and fresh. Especially with Fafnir and his bevy of waitresses.

Spring Fever by oldeekdog

Author Topic: The Pet Shop  (Read 1932 times)

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Evidently, I speak Mandarin........
Re: The Pet Shop
« Reply #60 on: December 23, 2017, 02:44:54 AM »
Dogs love their 'human food' don't they? Lol. That's cute :smile:

That tail is like a dangerous weapon - especially if they're exceedingly happy. Whack, whack, whack on your leg can leave bruises, break china, knock over small children, etc.

All kidding aside though, it's like it is for a reason. It's their rudder when they're running and turning - same like for cheetahs and cougars with their long tails. The curl on the end is part of that function as well. 

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Attic Icon
  • I look way better than I feel
« Reply #61 on: December 23, 2017, 04:39:09 AM »
The dogs really do love their human food treats.   My cats?  They turn their noses up!

Yes it must be a weaponized tail!   :OMFG: :OMFG: :OMFG: :OMFG: :crazysmile:
McG. :java:

Offline Aelin

• Great Priestess of the corridors
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • archaeologist and cheerleader of Attic
« Reply #62 on: December 23, 2017, 07:27:57 AM »
You are lucky with your cats if they don't like your food. One of both here is sometimes so attracted that she tries to go on the table  :shrug:
But generally she swallows her saliva when she sees me with the milk. "and me? and me?" is always in her eyes. Time to time she obtains a little part in a saucer.

Yeah for the tail it's probably good to keep people out of range :psycho:
When dogs shake themselves also you must take care to don't be too much close of their heads. If they have long ears, can act like a good smack too :psycho:

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #63 on: December 23, 2017, 07:42:47 AM »
My cat will not eat human food at all. Although I'm sure if I were to feed her tuna fish she wouldn't turn her nose up at that.

You're absolutely right about the ears! Hahahahaha, a wet, shaking Afghan is double-trouble.

Offline Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna shall see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #64 on: December 23, 2017, 08:05:47 AM »
Been lucky so far he hasn't tried to get into my dinner at all, granted there is the problem I am having getting him to stay off the counter top in the kitchen (as small as it is) the counter top is for food not cat asses  ... just saying
"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

Offline Aelin

• Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #65 on: December 23, 2017, 08:23:41 AM »
That is a lesson sometimes hard for them to keep in their mind. Even once he will know he can't go on, maybe sometimes in joy to be with you he will forget few seconds and go on.
Just keep an eye to avoid accidents for you and him.

Offline Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #66 on: December 23, 2017, 08:28:27 AM »
That is a lesson sometimes hard for them to keep in their mind. Even once he will know he can't go on, maybe sometimes in joy to be with you he will forget few seconds and go on.
Just keep an eye to avoid accidents for you and him.

The problem is I am usually at the desk fiddling around on the computer and as such there is nothing going on in the kitchen for him to check up on :tearlaugh:

I see his tail over the top of the monitor and know he is some where he doesn't belong and I raise my voice at him but he has the memory of a dromedary ... in other words not long at all.
"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #67 on: December 23, 2017, 08:32:10 AM »
Buy yourself a spray/squirt bottle that has a good long 'squirt' and when you see him on the counter squirt him and say "No! Get down!". If he's like most cats, he won't like it and he'll get down. You may have to do it a couple of times but he'll get the idea. If he does like water, then I don't know what to tell you.

That doesn't hurt them but they don't like it.

Offline Aelin

• Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #68 on: December 23, 2017, 08:39:15 AM »
The problem is I am usually at the desk fiddling around on the computer and as such there is nothing going on in the kitchen for him to check up on :tearlaugh:

I see his tail over the top of the monitor and know he is some where he doesn't belong and I raise my voice at him but he has the memory of a dromedary ... in other words not long at all.
Oh he has a good memory I bet, but he knows how to annoy you for his own fun :pervy:

Like children, he must learn limits exist. But how to learn that to mini fur "gods"? :psycho:

Offline Aelin

• Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #69 on: December 23, 2017, 08:44:18 AM »
Often voice and a raised index are enough. But I concede with my 'little' Puce it's not always a success.
And when she doesn't want to listen, she stops what she does (lick, sleep by one eye...), looks toward me, then restart what she does. If I need to move her and catch her, hooooooooo I have a concerto of "meow meow" :psycho: then she sulks during a moment  :shrug:
But if I move her and she has the occasion, she is back to the previous place sooner.

Offline Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #70 on: December 23, 2017, 08:49:07 AM »
Buy yourself a spray/squirt bottle that has a good long 'squirt' and when you see him on the counter squirt him and say "No! Get down!". If he's like most cats, he won't like it and he'll get down. You may have to do it a couple of times but he'll get the idea. If he does like water, then I don't know what to tell you.

That doesn't hurt them but they don't like it.

Will have to get an extra one no doubt, as the one I do have is more mist then long range and plus it has white vinegar in it for cleaning, that might get me the proverbial nasty look as in he would not want anything to do with me, although he would never go on the counter top again methinks after a time or too of that

That would probably be a bit much as I am certain I would not want vinegar sprayed in my face

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #71 on: December 23, 2017, 08:54:22 AM »
Absolutely not. Water only!!!

Offline Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #72 on: December 23, 2017, 08:56:19 AM »
Yes, we know, I did reach for it the first time then remembered what was in it, and put it down straight away.

Offline Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #73 on: December 23, 2017, 09:00:25 AM »
Besides I do need to get him a flea collar or something of that nature, for some reason, even though he does not go outside, I noticed a flea that had jumped off of him onto me and that will never do

Offline dRaCX

• Draconis Hominus
  • Ranking poster
  • "Attic Mad Scientist" Lab rats welcome!
    • ShareCG Page
« Reply #74 on: December 23, 2017, 09:09:54 AM »
My boy, Jack. Daddy's little buddy! Eats anything and everything that I'm eating, snores louder then I ever have, sleeps on his back spread out like a $2 hooker, and took nearly a year to housebreak.

But I love him anyways!
 :java:

Characters/Props for Poser & Game Engines.

Poser and Daz

Click images to go to SmithMicro and Daz to read all about the programs.

Poser Pro got even better this year.

They have made it easier on content creators by integrating Poser Pro Game Dev into Poser Pro 11.

Now the content creators can create for runtimes and games with only one program!

Poser 11PoserPro 11 Daz Studio--Free

attic_468x175.jpg