2018 Holiday Gift Drive

Ok, am collecting for the Community Gift Pages and you can follow the link to read about it.

Let me know if you wanna play tooooo.

2018 Holiday Gifting Drive

Gifting Participants

Pink = In my paws

CaliVee
Aelin
Chiron

Newsy ??

has extended their offer so now you get 10% off any order -- valid from now until December 31, 2018

... use this coupon code: FAC0616

Tell you friends about this offer too so all can save.

Forum Directory

Main Cell

button  Asylum TOS

button  Gallery How To's

button  Forum Hints

The Solarium

button  Our Gallery

button  Sponsors Showcase

button  Contact Us

button  Header Art

button  Anime and Manga

Poser Ward

button  News and Updates

button  Q & A

button  Tutorials

Conservatory

button  AtticFreezone

button  Aelin's Fantastic Finds

Contests Wing

button

Contest Info

button  Monthly Contests

button  Weekly Contests

Connect With Us!

button  Banner Exchange

Fantasies Realm Market @ Twitter Fantasies Realm Market @ FaceBook Fantasies Realm Market @ DeviantArt Fantasies Realm Market @ Google+ Fantasies Realm Market @ Pinterest FRM/Fantasies Attic @ LuLu

Twitter - FB - DA - Google+ - Pinterest - Lulu

Voting Booth

Click image to go cast your vote,
 then go
 here
===> 2018 voting thread!
to post it in the forum!

Award Info

Votes Need --- Award

10,000 -- Platinum Award
     5,000 --- Gold Award
     2,500 --- Silver Award
     1,000 --- Bronze Award
        300 --- Pewter Award
        100 --- Copper Award

2018 Voting Awards

100 Votes 300 Votes 1000 Votes 2500 Votes 5000 Votes

Donations

We have many special projects and every now and then a Special Cause that requires your generous help.

There are times when we do a collection to help a member in need of assistance and all those proceeds go directly to that member.

All donations of what ever size are WELCOME.

Thank you.

Featured Art

Merry Christmas

Click images to view

Weekly Winners

SAOTW
Fawn © Midnightvelvet

TOTW

Learning © Musicat

Your Art Winner

Top model © Nemesis

Monthly Winners

MAY COTM Winner

Song from a Secret Garden © Heitaikai

Announcements!

Album is HERE

MAY CONTEST WINNERS

Mirtul ~ The Melting ~ Flight of the Flutterwings ~ May 2018 Contest Winners can be found HERE

NEW!!

June 2018 Challenge of the Month (COTM)

Bordertown
is your COTM challenge for JUNE. Contest Ends on June 30th, 2018

Weekly Competitions

Your Art

Giveaway of the Day

Author Topic: OMG I need help......  (Read 212 times)

Offline RainbowGypsy

• Taking Root
    • In the Worlds of a Dreamer
Re: OMG I need help......
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2018, 03:16:04 PM »
(¯`v´¯)
.`·.¸.·´
¸.·´… ¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´ ¸¸.·¨¯`·♥

Thank you all so much. It works I can load Freak 5 and a new character I got Lycaon which is this a werewolf. Now I just have to figure out how to make his texture look like it does on the product page where I bought him from Daz. I've used the presets but none of the options have the furry effect I'm hoping for. I checked to see if there was a readme that would help me figure out what settings I may need to change. I guess its time for me to do some tutorials in Poser to figure  out how to do things like that. Or maybe it is all done in postwork afterwards.... 

I've always used poser but in the past make many of my changes in postwork. I was hoping that I could get this character to look a bit more werewolfy with fur before I started that LOL.....

Thanks everyone

Online rrkknight3

• Sir Knight
  • Working It
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2018, 03:23:11 PM »
That product uses the Look At My Hair DAZ plugin in all of the promotional images except the last one.  LAMH is a DAZ Studio only item, so you'll probably have trouble in Poser.

There are Poser experts here who may be able to suggest Poser hair generation equivalents, but I'm not one of them.   :cry2:

Offline RainbowGypsy

• Taking Root
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2018, 03:28:18 PM »
Thanks, the things you don't know when you buy stuff. So really when it comes down to it - some daz products don't work as well in poser. "Look at my hair" for daz is that yet another thing you need to buy or does it come with Daz Studio?

Online rrkknight3

• Sir Knight
  • Working It
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2018, 03:34:37 PM »
There's a free player.  You only need to buy the fancy one if you want to make your own hair.  The player is not included with Studio.

DAZ has a liberal return policy -- you could return it if becomes too big a mess.

I think the free player is at

https://www.daz3d.com/look-at-my-hair-free-player

Offline RainbowGypsy

• Taking Root
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2018, 03:44:53 PM »
Ultimately the morph is great and I just need to figure out how to create my own hairy texture that adds a bit more detail. I really appreciate you getting back to me. I've been away from my art for way too long and really in a lot of ways only used the surface of the programs. I really want to do more now. I've missed creating art. I just sometimes need a lesson in patience LOL

Thanks again

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Attic Icon
  • I look way better than I feel
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2018, 09:50:02 PM »
You are so right hon! Thank you all so much.... I've got it working and finally figured out that the textures from daz reside in materials and not pose..... Ok maybe I'll actually get to do some rendering now.

Ha ha ha!  Easy now, lots of the Genesis/Genesis2 characters and clothing do reside in Materials, where Pose keeps those items poses.  SOME items, clothing as well as characters, will have their texture poses in Pose.  Some artists put them in both.  And there are the very rare ones that put everything under the Figure in Character.  And, DSON makes that work, but you will never see that in Poser without DSON. 

PDG and I get to the same end via different routes.  I absolutely detest the use of the "USER" folders for anything other than vital system stuff.  Which is  why I directed you to the locations I did.   So, there are viable choices.  There is no absolute in this, as long as you get the python in the right place, Poser will run it every time it starts up.  Then you will see that content you've been missing.  Cool Beans!  :o)
McG. :java:

Offline RainbowGypsy

• Taking Root
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2018, 01:19:00 AM »
Thanks McGrandpa, your right and I'm just getting back into all of this.  There are different ways to access things. The important thing like you said that I was missing was DSON.

I really appreciate all the help

Offline parkdalegardener

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2018, 06:53:52 AM »
PDG, I think Freak 5 is Genesis, not Genesis 2.

First sentence. Either Genesis 1 or 2. Same instructions, Genesis 3 export as FBX.

I don't use DAZ products and as such don't know how the mats are laid out on Lycaon. That being said; I can show you how to fur a creature in Poser. It isn't a one paragraph answer but the short version is use the material zones or the Grouping Tool to define the places you want hair and to grow it in the Hair Room. Lycaon may have material zones where the hair grows you can use as a base in the Hair Room.

Again with the PFDLives but I've posted numerous tutorials on this subject over there. Hair/fur can be grown on anything without the need of extra addons in Poser and the Look at my Hair add on isn't going to function outside of DS.

Online rrkknight3

• Sir Knight
  • Working It
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2018, 08:52:13 AM »
First sentence. Either Genesis 1 or 2. Same instructions, Genesis 3 export as FBX.

My sole purpose was to avoid confusion.  Your original did not include "Same instructions".  Genesis 1 has no distinction between male and female in the base figure so, as the rest of the directions included both male and female, I was trying to be helpful.

Offline parkdalegardener

« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2018, 12:50:37 PM »
 :thumb_up:

Poser and Daz

Click images to go to SmithMicro and Daz to read all about the programs.

Poser Pro got even better this year.

They have made it easier on content creators by integrating Poser Pro Game Dev into Poser Pro 11.

Now the content creators can create for runtimes and games with only one program!

Poser 11PoserPro 11 Daz Studio--Free

attic_468x175.jpg
participial