2017 Community Gift Pages

Thanks to all the participants this year that made them extra special for everyone. All gifts will remain posted until moved sometime in February 2018.

Forum Directory

Main Cell

button  Asylum TOS

button  Gallery How To's

button  Forum Hints

The Solarium

button  Our Gallery

button  Sponsors Showcase

button  Contact Us

button  W.I.P Cell

Poser Ward

button  News and Updates

button  Q & A

button  Tutorials

Freebies Conservatory

button  AtticFreezone [Freestuff]

button  Aelin's Fantastic Finds

button  llexandro's Hideaway

Contests Wing

button

Contest Info

button  Monthly Contests

button  Weekly Contests

button

Connect With Us!

button  Banner Exchange

Follow fantasiesrealm on Twitter Follow fantasiesrealm on Pinterest

The Realms Market at Deviant Art

Voting Booth

Click image to go cast your vote,
 then go
 here
===> 2018 voting thread!
to post it in the forum!

Award Info

10,000 votes - Platinum Award
5,000 votes - Gold Award
2,500 votes - Silver Award
1,000 votes - Bronze Award
300 votes - Pewter Award

100 votes - Copper Award

2018 Voting Awards

100 Votes 300 Votes

Donations

xmassleigh

We have many special projects and every now and then a Special Cause that requires your generous help.

There are times when we do a collection to help a member in need of assistance and all those proceeds go directly to that member.

All donations of what ever size are WELCOME.

Thank you.

Featured Art

Announcements!

Happy Halloween

Monthly Competitions

JANUARY CONTEST

Hammer ~ Deep Winter ~ Baby It's Cold Outside ~ January 2018 Contest Album is HERE

DECEMBER CONTEST

Nightal ~ The Drawing Down ~ Christmas Cards from the Attic ~ December 2017 Contest Winners

Nightal ~ The Drawing Down ~ Fairies of Winter ~ December 2017 Contest Winners

2018 Challenge of the Month

NEW!!

January 2018 Challenge of the Month (COTM)

"Paradise"

Details here .

Weekly Competitions

Your Art

Giveaway of the Day

Welcome and do follow me.

Come visit with all in here, have some coffee or your favorite beverage and have loads of fun. The bar staff and keeper are always here to fill your orders.

This is our gathering place where we will share greetings, pass secrets, gossip, and enjoy each others company.  

Jherrith has agreed to fire up the grill on the weekends with some of his tasty specials.....and the COFFEE will always be hot and fresh. Especially with Fafnir and his bevy of waitresses.

Spring Fever by oldeekdog

Author Topic: 2018 Coffee Shop and Gardens  (Read 4312 times)

Jherrith, Fafnir, thelufias and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Attic Icon
  • I'm tired of shaving.
Re: 2018 Coffee Shop and Gardens
« Reply #75 on: January 02, 2018, 02:45:57 PM »
Working outside for over forty years many people don't understand why when the sun comes up it get cold.  During the night water vapor condenses and collects on the ground as dew.  When the sun rises in the morning it starts heating the ground that has been cool all night, as it heat the ground the moisture evaporates and rises up so it cools the air for a short time about the first hour or more during the sun rise depending on how moist the air is how cold it gets.  This is more noticeable during the fall, winter and early spring.  You can look at the phenomena as nature swamp cooler.
 :sunny:

People wonder too why us old shift workers still tend to pop up at 5am.   The last 25 years in the industry I worked day shift, in maintenance.  Electrician/mechanic.  I did everything except life critical welding.  Loved the variety of work, using my mind with my hands, and seeing my work hard at work.   Satisfying!   I got myself into computer electronics and computer logic as an electrician.  I wonder if the days of being able to just 'bust in' to a trade on your own still exist.  Seems there are "credentials" required even for helpers now.   Been a good work life man, hard yes, but good.  :o)
McG. :java:

Offline rrkknight3

• Sir Knight
  • Ranking poster
« Reply #76 on: January 02, 2018, 02:47:19 PM »
Not sure if he did or not....still haven't heard from him...I'll wait a bit longer and then give him a call to see what is what.....

I'm using FF 57 (Quantum) to post and read items on the forum without trouble.  I know that one of things that happened to me recently was the switch from Coffee Shop 2017 to Coffee Shop 2018.  I suddenly couldn't post and had to figure it out.  Perhaps if we hear the specific problem, we can offer suggestions.

LOL..>Everyone must be worn out from New Years or Christmas.  Oh well....

I'm heading out for a bit anyway....have a great day.

Oh, definitely worn out.  On coffee number 8 at the moment.

Online Fafnir

• Barmaid Wrangler
  • Attic Icon
« Reply #77 on: January 02, 2018, 02:55:32 PM »
got the  problem  solved  now  was a  switch  from 17 to 18   thanks  Sir Knight

Offline Aelin

• The Seeker
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • archaeologist and cheerleader of Attic
« Reply #78 on: January 02, 2018, 02:59:51 PM »
I'm using FF 57 (Quantum) to post and read items on the forum without trouble.  I know that one of things that happened to me recently was the switch from Coffee Shop 2017 to Coffee Shop 2018.  I suddenly couldn't post and had to figure it out.  Perhaps if we hear the specific problem, we can offer suggestions.

You couldn't post in 2017 topic simply because I closed it. New Year, new topic! :winks: But I took some posts which were in 2017 topic to add them here, in the beginning of topic - and if you look, it's like if Rods has started the talk.

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Attic Icon
  • I'm tired of shaving.
« Reply #79 on: January 02, 2018, 03:15:18 PM »

Don't worry brother, I did that too and Aelin gracefully and kindly informed me of my boo boo.  Being forgetful, there are a whole list of causes for that!  Heh!  I went round and opened a page in all the relevant 2018 threads and saved those links then out with the  :ny-fathertime: old!   Auld Ang Syne and All That!

Offline rrkknight3

• Sir Knight
  • Ranking poster
« Reply #80 on: January 02, 2018, 03:19:06 PM »
You couldn't post in 2017 topic simply because I closed it. New Year, new topic! :winks: But I took some posts which were in 2017 topic to add them here, in the beginning of topic - and if you look, it's like if Rods has started the talk.

Sounds like it's no longer a problem, for which I'm glad.  I was glad that you did it, Aelin.  Just a little slow on the uptake here.   :odd: :feelgood:

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Attic Icon
  • I'm tired of shaving.
« Reply #81 on: January 02, 2018, 03:28:13 PM »
It is the 2nd and still feels like it has just made it to the afternoon of the 1st!   I am definitely getting OLD folks. 

TL, have you heard from Ray today?   

Offline Aelin

• The Seeker
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #82 on: January 02, 2018, 03:29:33 PM »
Sounds like it's no longer a problem, for which I'm glad.  I was glad that you did it, Aelin.  Just a little slow on the uptake here.   :odd: :feelgood:
Sound like if you tool some of the nurse when I see you like that  :odd: Take care, it's dangerous thing!  :psycho:

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Attic Icon
  • I'm tired of shaving.
« Reply #83 on: January 02, 2018, 03:37:33 PM »
Well  ... since eveyone else has gone to bed, I can't get one of the color sighted people here to tell me if this is red, but she does have a bow:

I'd love to ressurrect the Tauriel/Hobbit discussion!   Evangeline acknowledged that she knew there were whole clubs of people that were outraged at the non-book character being added in.  Well, I for one hope she can acknowledge there are whole clubs of people that are GLAD that Peter Jackson added Tauriel in!    She was terrific in that role, even though she was pregnant with her son, they found ways to get her looking not pregnant in film, SAFELY for her and baby!    But it is the character we fall in love with right?  hmm? 
 :yeow: Aww c'mon guys!   

Offline Aelin

• The Seeker
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #84 on: January 02, 2018, 03:43:58 PM »
I'd love to ressurrect the Tauriel/Hobbit discussion!   Evangeline acknowledged that she knew there were whole clubs of people that were outraged at the non-book character being added in.  Well, I for one hope she can acknowledge there are whole clubs of people that are GLAD that Peter Jackson added Tauriel in!    She was terrific in that role, even though she was pregnant with her son, they found ways to get her looking not pregnant in film, SAFELY for her and baby!    But it is the character we fall in love with right?  hmm? 
 :yeow: Aww c'mon guys!
I haven't seen the movies yet, just trailers. But if she played like she was able to do in Lost, she made probably something good for the character.
And to see Elves only at the end for the battle, or during their drinking, no thank you :psycho:

Offline rrkknight3

• Sir Knight
  • Ranking poster
« Reply #85 on: January 02, 2018, 03:56:02 PM »
My only objection to a new character who sounds like one that Tolkien could have invented is one of memory. 

Perhaps Aelin is right and I just need to adjust my medications.   :woohoo: :thumb_up: :heeheehee: or that  :nopanic; ...

Online thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Straight Jackets are FREE
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #86 on: January 02, 2018, 04:31:26 PM »
Good Afternoon to all.   Though it was cold enough for icicles to form on my moustache and beard.....I got the outside decorations down...for the most part.   Those damn $1 Plastic Candy Canes Lorna convinced me to buy and stick in the ground around the driveway are FROZEN in place now...as I predicted....and when I pull the first one up.....it snapped in two right away....so I just went and kicked the other 5 down right at the base and made a note to myself to make sure I get them pulled up in the spring....I'm sure the lawnmower won't appreciate them being there LOL...... Oh yes....I left Lorna a Bill for $6....and told her I'll take care of the tax :java:
We Shall Stand

Online thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Straight Jackets are FREE
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #87 on: January 02, 2018, 04:34:39 PM »
TL, have you heard from Ray today?   

Nope...which is a GOOD thing.  That means she's listening and taking it easy.   As I said...Rest is Best....

Though I hardly practice what I preach.

We Shall Stand

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Evidently, I speak Mandarin........
« Reply #88 on: January 02, 2018, 05:07:35 PM »
Nope...which is a GOOD thing.  That means she's listening and taking it easy.   As I said...Rest is Best....

Though I hardly practice what I preach.

Fun with Candy Canes!

Eh, woke up with a fever this morning. Felt like burning mush. Had to get ready to go to the grocery store because haven't been for two weeks :smile: Got home and every freeking bone in my body hurt - a lot. Rest? What's that? :odd: Tomorrow and the rest of tonight. Rest.

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Evidently, I speak Mandarin........
« Reply #89 on: January 02, 2018, 05:09:06 PM »
I haven't seen the movies yet, just trailers. But if she played like she was able to do in Lost, she made probably something good for the character.
And to see Elves only at the end for the battle, or during their drinking, no thank you :psycho:

You bet she did! Just as good as Lost :winks:

Poser and Daz

Click images to go to SmithMicro and Daz to read all about the programs.

Poser Pro got even better this year.

They have made it easier on content creators by integrating Poser Pro Game Dev into Poser Pro 11.

Now the content creators can create for runtimes and games with only one program!

Poser 11PoserPro 11 Daz Studio--Free

attic_468x175.jpg