Newsy ??

has extended their offer so now you get 10% off any order -- valid from now until December 31, 2018

... use this coupon code: FAC0616

Tell you friends about this offer too so all can save.

===============

Halloween  and Christmas Gifts Pages have been moved to FreeZone or FRMarket, again thanks to all that came out to play.

Forum Directory

Main Cell

button  Asylum TOS

button  Gallery How To's

button  Forum Hints

The Solarium

button  Our Gallery

button  Sponsors Showcase

button  Contact Us

button  Header Art

Poser Ward

button  News and Updates

button  Q & A

button  Tutorials

Freebies Conservatory

button  AtticFreezone [Freestuff]

button  Aelin's Fantastic Finds

button  llexandro's Hideaway

Contests Wing

button

Contest Info

button  Monthly Contests

button  Weekly Contests

button

Connect With Us!

button  Banner Exchange

Follow fantasiesrealm on Twitter Follow fantasiesrealm on Pinterest

The Realms Market at Deviant Art

Voting Booth

Click image to go cast your vote,
 then go
 here
===> 2018 voting thread!
to post it in the forum!

Award Info

10,000 votes - Platinum Award
5,000 votes - Gold Award
2,500 votes - Silver Award
1,000 votes - Bronze Award
300 votes - Pewter Award

100 votes - Copper Award

2018 Voting Awards

100 Votes 300 Votes 1000 Votes 2500 Votes 5000 Votes

Donations

xmassleigh

We have many special projects and every now and then a Special Cause that requires your generous help.

There are times when we do a collection to help a member in need of assistance and all those proceeds go directly to that member.

All donations of what ever size are WELCOME.

Thank you.

Featured Art

Merry Christmas

Click images to view

Monthly Winners

March COTM Winner

It's Alive: Frankenstein: by Mary Shelley - 1818 © M-Callahan

Announcements!

Happy Halloween

Album is HERE

MARCH CONTEST

Ches ~ The Claws of Sunsets ~ Fractured Fairytales ~ March 2018 Winners. Details found HERE

NEW!!

April 2018 Challenge of the Month (COTM)

Magic and Pets
is your COTM challenge for April. As always, enter until April 30th, 2018

Weekly Competitions

Your Art

Giveaway of the Day

Welcome and do follow me.

Come visit with all in here, have some coffee or your favorite beverage and have loads of fun. The bar staff and keeper are always here to fill your orders.

This is our gathering place where we will share greetings, pass secrets, gossip, and enjoy each others company.  

Jherrith has agreed to fire up the grill on the weekends with some of his tasty specials.....and the COFFEE will always be hot and fresh. Especially with Fafnir and his bevy of waitresses.

Spring Fever by oldeekdog

Author Topic: 2018 Coffee Shop and Gardens  (Read 22028 times)

Fafnir, sidherose, Jherrith, Agent0013, McGrandpa and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Attic Icon
  • Still don't like shaving.
Re: 2018 Coffee Shop and Gardens
« Reply #90 on: January 02, 2018, 05:12:39 PM »
I haven't seen the movies yet, just trailers. But if she played like she was able to do in Lost, she made probably something good for the character.
And to see Elves only at the end for the battle, or during their drinking, no thank you :psycho:

Naw, not the Elves.  Well that was how Bilbo got the keys to free the party of Dwarves while in Elronds castle dungeon.  The Elf watch were sitting round a table drinking wine.   So, Bilbo freed the empty barrels for the Bargeman to pickup but these ones had Dwarves in them.  Tada!  Their river escape!   Chase ensues and Tauriel goes after, to look after her sweetie Dwarf.  Naturally Orlando Blooms character shows up to steer her back, but ends up going with also.  Oops, there's the show!  Ha!   Hope you enjoyed the ride to Laketown.  Oh that darn dragon woke up.  Gee.  And Bilbo makes it right to the middle of that problem too!  That Hobbit sure gets around don't he?!
But it's the DWARVES that always seem to be drinking!  Ha!
McG. :java:

Offline thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Straight Jackets are FREE
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #91 on: January 02, 2018, 05:20:51 PM »
Fun with Candy Canes!

Eh, woke up with a fever this morning. Felt like burning mush. Had to get ready to go to the grocery store because haven't been for two weeks :smile: Got home and every freeking bone in my body hurt - a lot. Rest? What's that? :odd: Tomorrow and the rest of tonight. Rest.

You listen like I listen.....  HEYYYYY....What did ya sayyyyyy......  But sometimes you gotta do things when you feel best....so I won't lecture you to hard.   

Don't know if you remember those silly Candy Canes in the pics I posted in FB showing the decorations.  They were actually 98 cents each but I didn't want all to think that Lorna was Cheap....she is mind you....but didn't want you to think that way  :java:   Anyway....Guess when you're temps get to minus 22 at night, plastic turns brittle LOLOL 
We Shall Stand

Online Aelin

• Great Priestess of the corridors
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • archaeologist and cheerleader of Attic
« Reply #92 on: January 02, 2018, 05:29:33 PM »
And what do you think they are so cheap TL? To allow the company to sell a lot of their 'babies' year after year after year :psycho:

Excellent end of day guys! And Ray, take care of you now!

Offline thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #93 on: January 02, 2018, 05:34:38 PM »
LOLOL....Exactly what I told Lorna.   I have some Candy Cane props that are at least 11 years old....a chip here and there....but that's about it...

You have a great Night Aelin....and yes....I cleaned out the the Rendo Crypt you sent me to....much to the dismay of the external doing all the work LOLOL....
We Shall Stand

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Attic Icon
« Reply #94 on: January 02, 2018, 05:43:06 PM »
You bet she did! Just as good as Lost :winks:

Before the Hobbit movies, I saw her in Real Steel.   THEN I looked at a couple of those Lost episodes.  They should have been lost.  Reality TV my butt!   Crap shows.   She was the only redeeming point in it.   
Ah, she is also in Ant Man, with Michael Douglas playing her characters Father.   Pretty good movie with a new super-anti-hero!  It didn't get much publicity so box office was flat.  But it really is a nice production, lots of cool effects and a good story.   
I still loved her as Tauriel.   She and Aidan Turner turned in very believable performances in developing their all too brief relationship as Tauriel the Sylvan Elf falling for the Dwarf Kili.  It was a hard time, one of danger and trouble all  around, and it erupted into the Battle of the Five Armies.  And there, when Kili dies, the Elf King did NOT call her down about True Love.  But he had also lost the Love of his Life.   Tear jerker!   ALL the performances in these movies were good, they felt real and were very enjoyable.   And, how'd y'all like Benedict Cumberbatch as SMAUG the Fire Dragon eh?!  Cool huh!  I still recall Tauriel jumping and flying through the air, shooting arrows, dodging blows, slashing with her Elvish Rapier, throwing her daggers, shooting more arrows, and all while seeming to be everywhere at once, earning Legolas praise!   Great job!   
I also loved Kate Blanchette as Galadriel, the Lady of the Wood.  She was so great for that part!   She was so consistent with it through all the films too.  Sigh.  !!!  heh heh!

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Evidently, I speak Mandarin........
« Reply #95 on: January 02, 2018, 05:46:14 PM »
Naw, not the Elves.  Well that was how Bilbo got the keys to free the party of Dwarves while in Elronds castle dungeon.  The Elf watch were sitting round a table drinking wine.   So, Bilbo freed the empty barrels for the Bargeman to pickup but these ones had Dwarves in them.  Tada!  Their river escape!   Chase ensues and Tauriel goes after, to look after her sweetie Dwarf.  Naturally Orlando Blooms character shows up to steer her back, but ends up going with also.  Oops, there's the show!  Ha!   Hope you enjoyed the ride to Laketown.  Oh that darn dragon woke up.  Gee.  And Bilbo makes it right to the middle of that problem too!  That Hobbit sure gets around don't he?!
But it's the DWARVES that always seem to be drinking!  Ha!

Talk about a spoiler!!

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #96 on: January 02, 2018, 05:48:28 PM »
You listen like I listen.....  HEYYYYY....What did ya sayyyyyy......  But sometimes you gotta do things when you feel best....so I won't lecture you to hard.   

Don't know if you remember those silly Candy Canes in the pics I posted in FB showing the decorations.  They were actually 98 cents each but I didn't want all to think that Lorna was Cheap....she is mind you....but didn't want you to think that way  :java:   Anyway....Guess when you're temps get to minus 22 at night, plastic turns brittle LOLOL 

I had no choice - or don't go to the store for the rest of the week. See, no choice.

I think I remember them. Yup, I bet they DO get brittle!

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #97 on: January 02, 2018, 05:57:38 PM »
Before the Hobbit movies, I saw her in Real Steel.   THEN I looked at a couple of those Lost episodes.  They should have been lost.  Reality TV my butt!   Crap shows.   She was the only redeeming point in it.   
Ah, she is also in Ant Man, with Michael Douglas playing her characters Father.   Pretty good movie with a new super-anti-hero!  It didn't get much publicity so box office was flat.  But it really is a nice production, lots of cool effects and a good story.   
I still loved her as Tauriel.   She and Aidan Turner turned in very believable performances in developing their all too brief relationship as Tauriel the Sylvan Elf falling for the Dwarf Kili.  It was a hard time, one of danger and trouble all  around, and it erupted into the Battle of the Five Armies.  And there, when Kili dies, the Elf King did NOT call her down about True Love.  But he had also lost the Love of his Life.   Tear jerker!   ALL the performances in these movies were good, they felt real and were very enjoyable.   And, how'd y'all like Benedict Cumberbatch as SMAUG the Fire Dragon eh?!  Cool huh!  I still recall Tauriel jumping and flying through the air, shooting arrows, dodging blows, slashing with her Elvish Rapier, throwing her daggers, shooting more arrows, and all while seeming to be everywhere at once, earning Legolas praise!   Great job!   
I also loved Kate Blanchette as Galadriel, the Lady of the Wood.  She was so great for that part!   She was so consistent with it through all the films too.  Sigh.  !!!  heh heh!

LOST was absolutely not a reality tv show. It was a drama and it was very good really...until the end. They sort of flubbed the end, imo. Oh, that's right - you don't like whatshisname, the producer. Really, it was a very complex story and if you weren't watching it all along it didn't make much sense, because you didn't really know what was going on.

SMAUG is the most awesome thing in that movie!!! Spinning into the heavens covered in gold! Splendid!!! 

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #98 on: January 02, 2018, 06:00:44 PM »
And what do you think they are so cheap TL? To allow the company to sell a lot of their 'babies' year after year after year :psycho:

Excellent end of day guys! And Ray, take care of you now!

Trying.... Thanks, Aelin. Good night to you! :peek:

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Attic Icon
« Reply #99 on: January 02, 2018, 06:10:35 PM »
To heck with Renderosity.  Inundated with G3F, G8F, Genesis 8 this, Genesis 3 that, Iray out the kazoo.  ALL studio ONLY,  nothing for Poser!   Shutting door  ON RENDEROSITY.

Offline thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #100 on: January 02, 2018, 06:21:59 PM »

LOST was absolutely not a reality tv show. It was a drama and it was very good really...until the end. They sort of flubbed the end, imo. Oh, that's right - you don't like whatshisname, the producer. Really, it was a very complex story and if you weren't watching it all along it didn't make much sense, because you didn't really know what was going on.

SMAUG is the most awesome thing in that movie!!! Spinning into the heavens covered in gold! Splendid!!! 

Mom and Hughy (Stepfather) Loved Lost.  Which to me was kind of surprising since I normally had to explain most shows to them....but Lost they seemed to understand and they enjoyed it.   And like you said Ray...the end was not something they liked either....flubbed is a good word compared to what Hughy called it.....
We Shall Stand

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Attic Icon
« Reply #101 on: January 02, 2018, 06:47:48 PM »

LOST passed itself off as "Reality TV" in the commercials.   That's why I said what I did.  No two ways about it, it was all acted out drama.   I binge watched the first two seasons, decided that this show wasn't what the commercials said it was, and I really didn't like it.  So I quit watching it.  I didn't forget Evangeline Lilly though.   And I don't know who the producer was, and don't care either.  The one good thing from the show, IMO, was Lilly.

The whole set of the Hobbit movies, ending with Desolation of Smaug and Battle of the Five Armies, were so visually rich and beautiful!   Smaug was so well done it was hard to hate him.   I was sad when the Black Arrow found its mark and he died.   Pity the Dragons and Humanoids couldn't find a way to get along in peace like they did in Eragon.   

Eragon.  THE BOOKS.  That was a beautiful story, and I envision that it could be made accurate to the books now.  Jackson gave Tolkien's writings such a rich reality.  I reckon he could do the same to the *BIG* story (4 book cycle) that Christopher Paolini wrote.   He started out writing Eragon as a teenager.  His folks and he chose to self promote and self publish it.   What they DID was generate enough attention that a well known publishing house offered to pick up Eragon.   However anyone chooses to interpret the various histories that exist of these events, it all resulted in Chris becoming a New York Times Bestselling Author as a teenager (19).   He wrote and Knopf published the other three books of the Inheritance Cycle too.  The movie Eragon was a flop, and the Director blamed a very tightly limited budget.  Which was $100,000,000.00 US.   Yeah.  Right.  I blame Stefen Fangmeier, that Director.   They did have a couple known actors, like Jeremy Irons and Sienna Guillory.   They did have some CGI that had to be paid for.   But c'mon, Tronjheim was a CITY all in STONE, a HUGE place under and in the flat bottom of an ancient volcano caldera so high we couldn't survive the altitude.   They did a lot of things so wrong the film should never have been named "Eragon".   It should never have been made, it was that bad.   But it SHOULD be made!   :o)

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Attic Icon
« Reply #102 on: January 02, 2018, 06:54:19 PM »

Talk about a spoiler!!

<BLINK>       <BLINK>       Wha!!?!    Hang on there, (IMDB checkup)  Nope, not a new release by three years!   

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #103 on: January 02, 2018, 07:00:39 PM »
Mom and Hughy (Stepfather) Loved Lost.  Which to me was kind of surprising since I normally had to explain most shows to them....but Lost they seemed to understand and they enjoyed it.   And like you said Ray...the end was not something they liked either....flubbed is a good word compared to what Hughy called it.....

Lol...I bet it started with an 'F' though :winks: The thing is EVERYONE had their own ideas about what the end would be because it all had to resolve itself somehow. And they flat blew it. Pity.

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #104 on: January 02, 2018, 07:03:53 PM »
<BLINK>       <BLINK>       Wha!!?!    Hang on there, (IMDB checkup)  Nope, not a new release by three years!

I think her idea was that she wanted it for a birthday present to sit down and unwrap in expectation and perhaps some sense of discovery as she slid it into the player and pressed PLAY. It's got nothing to do with release dates on IMDB.

Poser and Daz

Click images to go to SmithMicro and Daz to read all about the programs.

Poser Pro got even better this year.

They have made it easier on content creators by integrating Poser Pro Game Dev into Poser Pro 11.

Now the content creators can create for runtimes and games with only one program!

Poser 11PoserPro 11 Daz Studio--Free

attic_468x175.jpg