2017 Community Gift Pages

Thanks to all the participants this year that made them extra special for everyone. All gifts will remain posted until moved sometime in February 2018.

Forum Directory

Main Cell

button  Asylum TOS

button  Gallery How To's

button  Forum Hints

The Solarium

button  Our Gallery

button  Sponsors Showcase

button  Contact Us

button  W.I.P Cell

Poser Ward

button  News and Updates

button  Q & A

button  Tutorials

Freebies Conservatory

button  AtticFreezone [Freestuff]

button  Aelin's Fantastic Finds

button  llexandro's Hideaway

Contests Wing

button

Contest Info

button  Monthly Contests

button  Weekly Contests

button

Connect With Us!

button  Banner Exchange

Follow fantasiesrealm on Twitter Follow fantasiesrealm on Pinterest

The Realms Market at Deviant Art

Voting Booth

Click image to go cast your vote,
 then go
 here
===> 2018 voting thread!
to post it in the forum!

Award Info

10,000 votes - Platinum Award
5,000 votes - Gold Award
2,500 votes - Silver Award
1,000 votes - Bronze Award
300 votes - Pewter Award

100 votes - Copper Award

2018 Voting Awards

100 Votes
100 Votes

Donations

xmassleigh

We have many special projects and every now and then a Special Cause that requires your generous help.

There are times when we do a collection to help a member in need of assistance and all those proceeds go directly to that member.

All donations of what ever size are WELCOME.

Thank you.

Featured Art

Merry Christmas

Click images to view

Monthly Winners

December COTM Winner

Holiday Tradition © AmirA

Announcements!

Happy Halloween

Monthly Competitions

JANUARY CONTEST

Hammer ~ Deep Winter ~ Baby It's Cold Outside ~ January 2018 Contest Album is HERE

DECEMBER CONTEST

Nightal ~ The Drawing Down ~ Christmas Cards from the Attic ~ December 2017 Contest Winners

Nightal ~ The Drawing Down ~ Fairies of Winter ~ December 2017 Contest Winners

2018 Challenge of the Month

NEW!!

January 2018 Challenge of the Month (COTM)

"Paradise"

Details here .

Weekly Competitions

Your Art

Giveaway of the Day

Home to Amaranth's daring challenges to you our members. Come in and try your hand, work your mind! All entries go in HERE!

Author Topic: Amaranth's daring challenges #7 - Postwork challenge  (Read 2288 times)

Offline Amaranth

• Bumblebee
  • Administrator
  • Attic Icon
  • Do No Harm
    • Art by Amaranth
Amaranth's daring challenges #7 - Postwork challenge
« on: March 08, 2012, 03:59:09 PM »
Your mission this week is to render an image in what ever program you use and then postwork the heck out of it.

The catch is

you write down your steps and share your steps with your fellow challenge mates.

Enjoy !

Anita

:eyescan:

Online DarkAngel

• Queen of Confusion
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Madness abounds so don't make me eat you.
    • Fantasies Realm
Re: Amaranth's daring challenges #7
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 05:07:06 PM »
challenging to say the least. I tried that once and found it as hard as heck cause I do a lot of try this...undo and try something else...I even tried renaming the layer to the step...now that helped a little but still in the end forgot to write down a step or settings used...lol

I am waiting for a masking one...I got mask to work in Photoshop---once---and it has never worked again...lol
Fear not,
You are never alone,
I am there to comfort and guide you...
Always.

Offline melikia

• Kitty Fantastico
  • 1000 Grand Roller
  • >*.*< MEOW! (purrrr)
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 06:11:30 PM »
Ack.  I am horrible at writing down what I do, cus like DA, I do a lot of "try this", undo, "Try that"... even did the renaming the layer thingy for a while, then realized while i was renaming the layer, those thoughts of "no, wait, try this" would fly outta my head, or i'd simply forget what I just did!!!  LOL

DA, what version of Photoshop you got?  There's several ways to mask in PS...
>*.*<    _Purrrrty Kitty_ }awaiting her own faerie wings{    >*.*<

Offline Wenchie

• Wenchie the Pooh
  • Just In
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 07:28:11 PM »
There is a "Notes Tool" in your Photoshop tools palette that might be helpful for this challenge. (Well, there is in CS2 anyway.  I am not sure if older versions have it or not.) I should be a bit more flexible than re-naming layers to reflect your postwork steps. 

The icon looks like a little piece of notebook paper.  Once you have a canvas open, if you double-click on the notes icon, it opens up a little notepad right on your picture.  (You can click on it to close it up to a small icon when not making notes.) Just click inside the note paper and start typing. There is a lot of room, and it also allows you to delete or edit as necessary to reflect the steps you end up keeping. 

The notepaper saves with the PSD file, so even if you stop and close your file to work on it later, your note will still be there when you open it up again.  You should just be able to copy and paste your notes in your entry here to share your postwork steps for this challenge.

Offline FrahHawk

• Thundering Hawk
  • Attic Icon
  • It alway begins with a dream...
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 07:39:05 PM »
Wenchie, that's a good idea for photoshop but I am guessing she meant also the render in whatever 3D software one uses, not just the postwork or am I missing something here??? :thud:
When life gives you lemons, freeze them and throw them back at the bastards. :hawk:

:keepauhandsoffa:

9/11/01 never forget...

Offline Wenchie

• Wenchie the Pooh
  • Just In
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 08:05:37 PM »
Oh.  I assumed she meant to share the steps of how we "postworked the heck out of it," but I could be making all kinds of crazy assumptions.   (I barely know how to get something rendered so my process for that is simply: push button, cross fingers and hope like crazy it comes out okay.  Hee!)

Well, the notes tool can help  in Photoshop, but I don't know any tricks for keeping track of what you do in Poser of DAZ Studio. Maybe someone else will have a clever idea for that part of it. 

Online DarkAngel

• Queen of Confusion
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • Fantasies Realm
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 09:30:50 PM »
that's 2 of us...I assumed the postworking process to be relayed...lol

on the pc I have PS7 on both mancient mac and juvinile pc ...lol
Fear not,
You are never alone,
Always.

Offline Wenchie

• Wenchie the Pooh
  • Just In
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2012, 09:49:05 PM »
DA, PS7 has the notes tool according to this short-cut tutorial.

And I am glad I wasn't the only one thinking the postwork was what we were supposed to list in detail.  If we are wrong about that, at least we can be wrong together

Offline HadCancer

• Attic Crusader
  • 1000 Grand Roller
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2012, 09:57:37 PM »
I am just too many challenges behind to do anything. Still have not done the paint hair one...LOL. I rarely do any post work other to resize, add contrast or brighten and my name. I am post work challenged. I would be interested to see some renders of others to see what they do. BTW the "voting" button (link) is broken if no one has noticed it yet.

Offline melikia

• Kitty Fantastico
  • 1000 Grand Roller
  • >*.*< MEOW! (purrrr)
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2012, 07:16:52 AM »
HC - don't think you have to do ALL of the challenges, or even do them in any particular order... they're challenges, after all - meant to boost personal growth, not to make you feel like you're "too far behind" to do anything. 

HC - and all others who feel either postwork challenged, or simply Photoshop Challenged... here's a place online I found many years ago that helped me TREMENDOUSLY.  They are a series of tutorials designed to help you learn how to utilize Photoshop... and get some pretty neat results with each one.  They do NOT have to be done in order (although some of them do build off of others...) ... FYI - I have yet to make it through ALL of the tuts - i tend to get bored & distracted easily... OOOO SHINEY SPARKLY!!!!!!!!!... wait, where was I?  Oh yes... but one of my favorite tuts on there was the "bulletin board" one.  In fact, for many years, my desktop background was one of these, with some of my art "pinned" to it.  Now, my background is just one of my images.... hmmm... i should change that. LOL.  oh yeah, the link... http://www.myjanee.com/tutorials.htm

Offline Amaranth

• Bumblebee
  • Administrator
  • Attic Icon
  • Do No Harm
    • Art by Amaranth
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2012, 10:13:50 AM »
Wenchie, that's a good idea for photoshop but I am guessing she meant also the render in whatever 3D software one uses, not just the postwork or am I missing something here??? :thud:

Just the postwork hun you don't need to note down the steps in your render program :)

Offline FrahHawk

• Thundering Hawk
  • Attic Icon
  • It alway begins with a dream...
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2012, 01:23:55 PM »
Ooooh!!!! OOOOOooooo KKKKKkkkkkkay!  :thud:  :eyescan:
When life gives you lemons, freeze them and throw them back at the bastards. :hawk:

:keepauhandsoffa:

9/11/01 never forget...

Online DarkAngel

• Queen of Confusion
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • Fantasies Realm
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2012, 02:59:41 PM »
Hi all,

yup Mel I am the same way with them darn sparklies and shineys...lol

There are many places that give great tuts for photoshop and I have tried manytimes to do the tut for masking but maybe I just try to hard cause I may have missed a step...but I will.

I did this logo with mask but have since found a different way and still get pretty much the same effect...the ripples edge.
Fear not,
You are never alone,
Always.

Offline melikia

• Kitty Fantastico
  • 1000 Grand Roller
  • >*.*< MEOW! (purrrr)
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2012, 06:27:53 PM »
Loverly logo!!!

I'm just trying to figure out why your mask no longer works... as I said, there's several ways to use the masking tool in Photoshop... but it also depends on the version you have.  I'm not so sure about tool locations in PS7... It was a huge shock to me and having to relearn a LOT when I jumped from CS to CS4... I only dimly recall using PS7 LOL.  I believe at that point in my learning, I didn't know about masks - or how to use them.  Now, I can't live without them!

Offline HadCancer

• Attic Crusader
  • 1000 Grand Roller
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2012, 09:08:55 PM »
Masks, Never heard of them except at Halloween and the Lone Range had one for some reason that I forget.  :flick:

Poser and Daz

Click images to go to SmithMicro and Daz to read all about the programs.

Poser Pro got even better this year.

They have made it easier on content creators by integrating Poser Pro Game Dev into Poser Pro 11.

Now the content creators can create for runtimes and games with only one program!

Poser 11PoserPro 11 Daz Studio--Free

attic_468x175.jpg