2017 Community Gift Pages

Thanks to all the participants this year that made them extra special for everyone. All gifts will remain posted until moved sometime in February 2018.

Forum Directory

Main Cell

button  Asylum TOS

button  Gallery How To's

button  Forum Hints

The Solarium

button  Our Gallery

button  Sponsors Showcase

button  Contact Us

button  W.I.P Cell

Poser Ward

button  News and Updates

button  Q & A

button  Tutorials

Freebies Conservatory

button  AtticFreezone [Freestuff]

button  Aelin's Fantastic Finds

button  llexandro's Hideaway

Contests Wing

button

Contest Info

button  Monthly Contests

button  Weekly Contests

button

Connect With Us!

button  Banner Exchange

Follow fantasiesrealm on Twitter Follow fantasiesrealm on Pinterest

The Realms Market at Deviant Art

Voting Booth

Click image to go cast your vote,
 then go
 here
===> 2018 voting thread!
to post it in the forum!

Award Info

10,000 votes - Platinum Award
5,000 votes - Gold Award
2,500 votes - Silver Award
1,000 votes - Bronze Award
300 votes - Pewter Award

100 votes - Copper Award

2018 Voting Awards

100 Votes
100 Votes

Donations

xmassleigh

We have many special projects and every now and then a Special Cause that requires your generous help.

There are times when we do a collection to help a member in need of assistance and all those proceeds go directly to that member.

All donations of what ever size are WELCOME.

Thank you.

Featured Art

Merry Christmas

Click images to view

Monthly Winners

December COTM Winner

Holiday Tradition © AmirA

Announcements!

Happy Halloween

Monthly Competitions

JANUARY CONTEST

Hammer ~ Deep Winter ~ Baby It's Cold Outside ~ January 2018 Contest Album is HERE

DECEMBER CONTEST

Nightal ~ The Drawing Down ~ Christmas Cards from the Attic ~ December 2017 Contest Winners

Nightal ~ The Drawing Down ~ Fairies of Winter ~ December 2017 Contest Winners

2018 Challenge of the Month

NEW!!

January 2018 Challenge of the Month (COTM)

"Paradise"

Details here .

Weekly Competitions

Your Art

Giveaway of the Day

Home to Amaranth's daring challenges to you our members. Come in and try your hand, work your mind! All entries go in HERE!

Author Topic: Amaranth's daring challenges #7 - Postwork challenge  (Read 2287 times)

Online DarkAngel

• Queen of Confusion
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Madness abounds so don't make me eat you.
    • Fantasies Realm
Re: Amaranth's daring challenges #7
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2012, 09:42:36 PM »
thanks kitty...I don't think it is the program that doesn't want to let me mask but tis more operator problem...I can at times be very dyslexic and may have done some step backwards...but I have gone about doing that wavy thing a different way.
Fear not,
You are never alone,
I am there to comfort and guide you...
Always.

Offline melikia

• Kitty Fantastico
  • 1000 Grand Roller
  • >*.*< MEOW! (purrrr)
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2012, 07:09:25 AM »
LOL, DA... Masks are tricky things... but once you get a handle on them, they can be your best friend.  Instead of say, erasing parts, you simply mask them out - then, later on, if you decide you want pieces back that you once would have erased, its a simple matter of repainting the mask.  I still get the masking "backwards" on occasion... I can never remember if the "black" blocks it out or the "white" does... I have discovered that it's pretty simple if you get it backwards to control-click on the mask (in layers - IF you did a layer mask) to make it a selection, invert the selection, delete the original mask (without applying it) and create a new layer mask - the selection will automatically create the mask when you click on the button.  If you do a "whole image" mask (using the mask button that for me is at the bottom of my tools pallet), its a slightly different ballgame - click once to go into Mask Mode and paint your stuff.  Then, when you click on it AGAIN after painting your "mask", everything comes up as a selection automatically - it's then a simple matter of determining if that selected area is what you want or not - and use the inverse selection if need be.

Now, if you want to know about the pen tool, paths, etc... please don't come to me.  I'm still tangled in knots over that stuff!

BUT, i did discover something neat yesterday... turning things into "smart objects" so when you resize, etc - you don't lose quality!!!!
>*.*<    _Purrrrty Kitty_ }awaiting her own faerie wings{    >*.*<

Offline pimanjc@aol.com

• Garden Gnome
Re: Amaranth's daring challenges #7 - Postwork challenge
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2015, 05:19:14 PM »
Where do you post your entries to the challenges?
"Never promise more than you can give.   Always give more than you promise."

Offline Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna shall see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

Online DarkAngel

• Queen of Confusion
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Madness abounds so don't make me eat you.
    • Fantasies Realm
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2015, 08:52:04 PM »
LOL, DA... Masks are tricky things... but once you get a handle on them, they can be your best friend.  Instead of say, erasing parts, you simply mask them out - then, later on, if you decide you want pieces back that you once would have erased, its a simple matter of repainting the mask.  I still get the masking "backwards" on occasion... I can never remember if the "black" blocks it out or the "white" does... I have discovered that it's pretty simple if you get it backwards to control-click on the mask (in layers - IF you did a layer mask) to make it a selection, invert the selection, delete the original mask (without applying it) and create a new layer mask - the selection will automatically create the mask when you click on the button.  If you do a "whole image" mask (using the mask button that for me is at the bottom of my tools pallet), its a slightly different ballgame - click once to go into Mask Mode and paint your stuff.  Then, when you click on it AGAIN after painting your "mask", everything comes up as a selection automatically - it's then a simple matter of determining if that selected area is what you want or not - and use the inverse selection if need be.

Now, if you want to know about the pen tool, paths, etc... please don't come to me.  I'm still tangled in knots over that stuff!

BUT, i did discover something neat yesterday... turning things into "smart objects" so when you resize, etc - you don't lose quality!!!!

Well hello there stranger!!! You have been so missed I am glad you came by again and hope you stick around more. thanks for the tip, I did a mask once and have never been able to do it again.
Fear not,
You are never alone,
I am there to comfort and guide you...
Always.

Offline M-Callahan

• Attic Projectionist
  • Ranking poster
  • Bow Ties are cool.
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2015, 07:33:22 PM »
Truck and Trailer Post Work
1.      Open Picture in PhotoShop CC 2015
2.      Use Camera Raw Filter to set tone, exposure and noise reduction.
3.      Used lasso tool and trace tires and applied radial blur.
4.      Created new layer and used layer adjustment tool for color balance.
5.      Saved as BMP file.
6.      Open BMP file. Used Camera Raw filter to change tone, exposure and add more noise reduction.
7.      Created new layer and used layer adjustment tool for curves.
8.      Used lasso tool on road and placed a slight motion blur.  Aborted quick selection tool would have taken too long.
9.      Saved as jpg.
10.   Save for Web as jpg.

Offline thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Straight Jackets are FREE
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2015, 07:31:41 AM »
Looks very cool and easy to do....somewhat....maybe 
We Shall Stand

Offline pimanjc@aol.com

• Garden Gnome
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2015, 08:57:17 AM »
Sorry but I only have Photoshop Elements 11.  It doesn't have the camera raw feature.
Jim
"Never promise more than you can give.   Always give more than you promise."

Offline M-Callahan

• Attic Projectionist
  • Ranking poster
  • Bow Ties are cool.
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2015, 08:26:44 PM »
You really don't need Raw Camera, to make PhotoShop  work.  It is just a tool to speed things up.  Noise reduction can be done through Gaussian Blur, usually by using lasso tool and setting around the low end of the scale.  Also to set value and tones can be achieved through curves, levels, exposure and brightness and contrast.  I used PhotoShop 7 since 2004, and recently upgraded this year. PhotoShop Elements is a good program and very powerful and should be as good or better than PhotoShop 7.

Poser and Daz

Click images to go to SmithMicro and Daz to read all about the programs.

Poser Pro got even better this year.

They have made it easier on content creators by integrating Poser Pro Game Dev into Poser Pro 11.

Now the content creators can create for runtimes and games with only one program!

Poser 11PoserPro 11 Daz Studio--Free

attic_468x175.jpg
participial