2017 Community Gift Pages

Thanks to all the participants this year that made them extra special for everyone. All gifts will remain posted until moved sometime in February 2018.

Forum Directory

Main Cell

button  Asylum TOS

button  Gallery How To's

button  Forum Hints

The Solarium

button  Our Gallery

button  Sponsors Showcase

button  Contact Us

button  W.I.P Cell

Poser Ward

button  News and Updates

button  Q & A

button  Tutorials

Freebies Conservatory

button  AtticFreezone [Freestuff]

button  Aelin's Fantastic Finds

button  llexandro's Hideaway

Contests Wing

button

Contest Info

button  Monthly Contests

button  Weekly Contests

button

Connect With Us!

button  Banner Exchange

Follow fantasiesrealm on Twitter Follow fantasiesrealm on Pinterest

The Realms Market at Deviant Art

Voting Booth

Click image to go cast your vote,
 then go
 here
===> 2018 voting thread!
to post it in the forum!

Award Info

10,000 votes - Platinum Award
5,000 votes - Gold Award
2,500 votes - Silver Award
1,000 votes - Bronze Award
300 votes - Pewter Award

100 votes - Copper Award

2018 Voting Awards

100 Votes 300 Votes

Donations

xmassleigh

We have many special projects and every now and then a Special Cause that requires your generous help.

There are times when we do a collection to help a member in need of assistance and all those proceeds go directly to that member.

All donations of what ever size are WELCOME.

Thank you.

Featured Art

Merry Christmas

Click images to view

Monthly Winners

December COTM Winner

Holiday Tradition © AmirA

Announcements!

Happy Halloween

Monthly Competitions

JANUARY CONTEST

Hammer ~ Deep Winter ~ Baby It's Cold Outside ~ January 2018 Contest Album is HERE

DECEMBER CONTEST

Nightal ~ The Drawing Down ~ Christmas Cards from the Attic ~ December 2017 Contest Winners

Nightal ~ The Drawing Down ~ Fairies of Winter ~ December 2017 Contest Winners

2018 Challenge of the Month

NEW!!

January 2018 Challenge of the Month (COTM)

"Paradise"

Details here .

Weekly Competitions

Your Art

Giveaway of the Day

Author Topic: Short Stories ---they do live here...lol  (Read 12088 times)

Offline Gothic Incarnation

• Terror Of The Night
  • Just In
  • In the Darkness...... You will find me......
    • The Legacy Paranormal Society
Re: Short Stories ---they do live here...lol
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2012, 06:02:53 PM »
well all in all, we is here to read what each of us has to say and not prove or disprove what we know happened to us. :ghost:

Agreed...
:gri: In the Darkness... You will find Me... And I... Will find You... :gri:

GOTHIC INCARNATION

Vic Graves
Founder/Lead Investigator

Offline Nitab

• NitaBandita
  • ArtisticRenderGroup
  • Working It
  • Hi, I'm Nitab
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2012, 06:40:41 PM »
Hey, I just thought of another experience I had many years ago.

I made a trip to England, and stayed in Cambridge. Took day trips by train to places near there. I went to Southampton one day and took a tour. Not a ghost hunter's tour, just a tour of some of the sights in the city. One place we visited was an old excavated Roman warehouse. It was set down pretty far in the ground, because it had been completely covered over and the ground still came up about half way on the building. It wasn't very large, maybe 30' long by 15' wide. There was no electricity in the building. It had a lot of old pieces of this and that that you could see inside from the steps which led down. Maybe 10 or so steps. There was of group of 7 or 8 of us, and while we were standing on the steps, I said, this is so neat, I'm going to take a picture. The man behind me said it wouldn't turn out, because it was so dark in there. When I went inside I found that it wasn't at all light, but there was a long narrow slit at the end of the room, so there was a small amount of light. I took a picture towards the slit.

This was before the days of digital cameras, so I couldn't tell what I had until I got home and had them developed. Now I know as well as you how easy it is to make a picture be anything you want it to be. But I didn't and still don't know to do that. When I got the pictures back, that picture was full of light and it looked like there was no wall in the end of the room. You could see a tree and grass. The light was so bright that these things were not real clear, but you could see them. I thought I must have lost my mind, because that was certainly not what I remembered.

A few years later, I made another trip to England, and made a special trip to Southampton to see if I could find that Roman warehouse again. This time I was there on a Saturday and the lady told me they didn't do that tour on Saturdays. As I was explaining to her why I wanted so badly to revisit that warehouse, a man walked up and said he was a tour guide for that tour. He said he couldn't help overhearing what I had told the woman and asked to see the picture. When I showed it to him, he said he had been showing that warehouse for seven years, and no there was no opening in the back. He said he wasn't working that day and he'd be happy to take me there so we could check it out.

He did, and when we went in, it was just as I remembered it. We even went around the back to have a look. The back of the building had a high wall of dirt where they had deposited the dirt from the excavation. Hardly any light came in from the little slit. Of course I have no way of proving that I didn't do something to that picture, but I didn't. He tried to get me to let him have the picture, but of course I wouldn't. I wouldn't take for it.

Offline thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Straight Jackets are FREE
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2012, 08:03:40 PM »
I tell you what...there are some amazing stories in here....keep them coming...I enjoy them all. 
We Shall Stand

• Terror Of The Night
  • Just In
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2012, 10:15:34 PM »
He did, and when we went in, it was just as I remembered it. We even went around the back to have a look. The back of the building had a high wall of dirt where they had deposited the dirt from the excavation. Hardly any light came in from the little slit. Of course I have no way of proving that I didn't do something to that picture, but I didn't. He tried to get me to let him have the picture, but of course I wouldn't. I wouldn't take for it.

It is possible that you had a bad spot on the film, lens flair (yep can happen in minimal light with far more dramatic effects than normal sometimes), even a double exposure... But even still, sounds interesting. I'd love to see that photo in person, but that isn't happening... How about a scan of it, if you still have it around and would like to share?

I have seen some other photos that I could describe in a similar way. Some were just as I suggested above, but a few went unexplained. Really can't tell a lot from a scan or Pic of a Pic, but sometimes there are clues to the cause... Otherwise, you got a pic through a "door" of some sort into another place or time.

Which is possible, more so there than other places. Most all of England, heck the whole UK, has had a ton of war and death everywhere. Theory goes: the more energy, particularly of a "negative" sort (despair, anger, death, etc...), an build up strong enough to weaken the line between this world and the next (to coin a phrase). This "weak spot", under the right conditions, can allow entities from one world into the other (Usually there to here, though I have heard a story or two of people disappearing in the middle of an open field like they "walked through a door or behind a wall"... so who knows?). These "weak spots" have also been rumored to allow you to see into them under the right conditions, such as the right circumstances, with the right camera & film, shooting at the right time in the right position... etc... etc... In other words: rarely, by pure luck alone, and practically impossible to duplicate... therefore also impossible to prove... But even still, it does appear to happen from time to time.

Can't say what you have one way or the other, even if I see a scan of it... Only the real photo and likely the negative as well could tell... (and I don't have the right equipment here to check it out) and even then I might not be able to determine the real answer one way or the other. But would still love to see it. Sounds very interesting indeed. :)

GOTHIC INCARNATION

Vic Graves

Offline Nitab

• NitaBandita
  • ArtisticRenderGroup
  • Working It
  • Hi, I'm Nitab
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2012, 08:08:32 AM »
Yes, GI, I'll see if I can get a scan of it. I've already been told all of that about a double exposure, etc. And I know it, but it was just so strange. I know this doesn't even come under the heading of "paranormal", and of course it isn't a bit scary. But interesting to me at least. (grin)

Offline MarciaGomes

• Sweet Marci
  • Working It
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2012, 02:05:36 PM »
Dear Nitab you had a frightening experience.

Offline Nitab

• NitaBandita
  • ArtisticRenderGroup
  • Working It
  • Hi, I'm Nitab
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2012, 02:28:14 PM »
No, Marci -- this wasn't a frightening experience. I just thought it was interesting.

Offline MarciaGomes

• Sweet Marci
  • Working It
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2012, 02:36:02 PM »
More you ever thought if he had taken photo of some spirit :lmao2:

Offline Star4mation

• Psychedelic Warlord
  • Working It
  • Alien (I Am)
    • Star4mation
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2012, 02:36:59 PM »

Most all of England, heck the whole UK, has had a ton of war and death everywhere.

Too right Vic. We might be only a small Country but I bet we got more ghostly going on's than most!!

Check out one of England's most haunted castles. http://totallyhaunted.co.uk/berry-pomeroy-castle.php It's just a couple of miles from my house and it is one scary place to visit!!
 :ghost:
It's all a figment of my mind. In a world that I've designed. I'm charged with cosmic energy
Has the world gone mad or is it me?

• Terror Of The Night
  • Just In
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2012, 07:52:26 AM »
Yes, GI, I'll see if I can get a scan of it. I've already been told all of that about a double exposure, etc. And I know it, but it was just so strange. I know this doesn't even come under the heading of "paranormal", and of course it isn't a bit scary. But interesting to me at least. (grin)

Not at all... It could be VERY paranormal hon. In fact the very definition of paranormal is, simply put, Unexplained... And that photo may have guesses as to the cause but it is still unexplained. Para is from the Latin, there are a few meanings for it and most use the one that means "Beyond" and say that the Paranormal means "Beyond the Normal"... Which isn't quite right. The original Latin word we get Para from (Can't remember the exact word ATM, I should be in bed right now. LOL) also means "Beside or Along With", using that definition, Paranormal means "Beside, Along With, or basically put, Next to the Normal" Meaning it is quite "normal" and "natural", simply as of yet undiscovered or explained to satisfaction. Look at a set of Parallel Bars (which get their name from the same Latin word we get para from, I might add.) They run along side each other, same height, same length, same size each... Identical, only spaced apart. And from almost every angle they look the same... Every angle but "parallel to them... Wen you site along side of them and look across them, you can only see one of the two bars, because they are the same size and shape, when you look across them they merge together. Paranormal is the same thing basically, Look at it one way  and they are different and separate, but from another viewpoint they merge together seamlessly. Just because it is unexplained does not mean it is indeed outside of the normal... Just outside of our knowledge of it.

Your photo is as yet unexplained in a scientific manner that proves it's cause, and therefore *IS* "Paranormal" for that fact alone. It is what the word means to begin with. ;) Now chances are it is easily explained as a "normal" thing, but there is a chance it might not be as well. And until it is explained one way or the other... Well Paranormal it is.

GOTHIC INCARNATION

Vic Graves

• Terror Of The Night
  • Just In
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2012, 07:53:54 AM »
Too right Vic. We might be only a small Country but I bet we got more ghostly going on's than most!!

Check out one of England's most haunted castles. http://totallyhaunted.co.uk/berry-pomeroy-castle.php It's just a couple of miles from my house and it is one scary place to visit!!
 :ghost:

I've heard of that place... Would love to visit it, or better yet investigate it. But me getting to the UK isn't happening anytime soon... Unless someone wants to fork out the case for a passport, plane ticket, and Room and Board for a few weeks. LOL

GOTHIC INCARNATION

Vic Graves

Offline Nitab

• NitaBandita
  • ArtisticRenderGroup
  • Working It
  • Hi, I'm Nitab
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2012, 10:55:32 AM »
The UK is my favorite place in the whole world. I've been there 8 or 9 times -- just can't get enough of it. I always travel alone; I come and go exactly how I please. The people are wonderful, I love the history and the castles and cathedrals that are older than dirt, the food not so much, but everything else is exactly to my taste. I've probably been to more places and seen more of the country than most people that live there. Haven't been to Ireland yet, too much unrest to suit me.

• Terror Of The Night
  • Just In
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2012, 05:37:10 PM »
I actually like British food, Irish and Scottish food too... The culture is nice too... So far, the people I've met are awesome... I have so considered moving to the UK permanently... But I'd never be able to afford it, and no promise that I could survive there with my issues... Which is unfortunate. But it's a nice thought anyway. LOL

That and the massive amount of Paranormal claims over there? I'd be in heaven! :tearlaugh:

GOTHIC INCARNATION

Vic Graves

Offline Nitab

• NitaBandita
  • ArtisticRenderGroup
  • Working It
  • Hi, I'm Nitab
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2012, 05:50:38 PM »
Vic, have you ever read about the Marfa lights that we have here in Texas. If you haven't, Google Marfa lights, and read about them. I saw them with my kids a couple of summers or so ago. It was pretty amazing. I'd like to hear what you have to say about them.

• Terror Of The Night
  • Just In
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2012, 06:22:03 PM »
I didn't recognize the name until I looked it up, then remembered. Yes, I have heard of them before, but there are so many possibilities as to what they are, from Plasma Balls and Ball Lightning (Almost the same things and quite natural) to the reflections of light (nearer ground level) to passing aircraft (in the sky)... the list is endless. But I'd have to say they if it isn't a hoax perpetrated by individuals (or the hole area for publicity/tourism) then it is likely a natural phenomena like the Aurora Borealis or a hundred other "strange lights" throughout history that have since been proven to be a normal and natural occurrence.

However, that being said... I really don't know. And without actually going out there to investigate the claims, with a ton of equipment (Including things I don't have, like high-powered telescopic cameras) and the ability to go out to the area the lights are seen at any given moment fast (meaning a huge team of people spaced out over a great distance) several weeks time to research and investigate... and so many other things to find out... I really couldn't offer up an opinion of anything Spiritual or Extra Terrestrial causing it. Could be, but without a full and satisfactory investigation, I'd have to rest on the thought that is is likely a totally natural phenomenon or set of different Phenomenon all occurring in the same area... Which is very possible... Or a hoax of some sort.

That's a big one... Small things are so much easier to give an opinion of than large ones. Ask me about the Loch Ness Monster or Big Foot and my answer would be like this... Maybe, but likely not... But could be under the right possibilities being true. Hand me an audio or video clip, or a photo, tell me a personal story, I can give more of an opinion there sometimes (and sometimes not) but big things like this? That is really hard to do with any form of solid opinion.

GOTHIC INCARNATION

Vic Graves

Poser and Daz

Click images to go to SmithMicro and Daz to read all about the programs.

Poser Pro got even better this year.

They have made it easier on content creators by integrating Poser Pro Game Dev into Poser Pro 11.

Now the content creators can create for runtimes and games with only one program!

Poser 11PoserPro 11 Daz Studio--Free

attic_468x175.jpg