2017 Community Gift Pages

Halloween's Madness Abounds

Christmas Gift Roster started and so far what/who we have waiting under the tree.
You can read about it HERE

Gathered for Christmas so far: 30

Christmas Pledges!

SpookieLilOne

Summoner
morganahope

Under the tree:

Aelin
Amaranth
M-Callahan
Sanbie
Anniemotion
BronzeDragon
CathyY
UteBigSmile
theKatster
Agent0013
cougarmadcat
Prae
Napalmarsenal
Angells
sidherose
Barbariandreams
Llola Lane

Forum Directory

Main Cell

button  Asylum TOS

button  Gallery How To's

button  Forum Hints

The Solarium

button  Our Gallery

button  Sponsors Showcase

button  Contact Us

button  W.I.P Cell

Poser Ward

button  News and Updates

button  Q & A

button  Tutorials

Freebies Conservatory

button  AtticFreezone [Freestuff]

button  Aelin's Fantastic Finds

button  llexandro's Hideaway

Contests Wing

button

Contest Info

button  Monthly Contests

button  Weekly Contests

button

Connect With Us!

button  Banner Exchange

Follow fantasiesrealm on Twitter Follow fantasiesrealm on Pinterest

The Realms Market at Deviant Art

Voting Booth

Click image to go cast your vote,
 then go
 here
===> 2017 voting thread!
to post it in the forum!

Award Info

10,000 votes - Platinum Award
5,000 votes - Gold Award
2,500 votes - Silver Award
1,000 votes - Bronze Award
300 votes - Pewter Award

100 votes - Copper Award

2017 Voting Awards

copperpewterbronzesilvergold platinum

Fantasies Realm Market Index

Donations

xmassleigh

We have many special projects and every now and then a Special Cause that requires your generous help.

There are times when we do a collection to help a member in need of assistance and all those proceeds go directly to that member.

All donations of what ever size are WELCOME.

Thank you.

Featured Art

Announcements!

Happy Halloween

Monthly Competitions

DECEMBER CONTEST

Nightal ~ The Drawing Down ~ Christmas Cards from the Attic ~ December 2017 Contest

Details HERE

Nightal ~ The Drawing Down ~ Fairies of Winter ~ December 2017 Contest

Details HERE

THE NOVEMBER CONTEST HAS ENDED

Winners have been announced. Details HERE

2017 Challenge of the Month

NEW!!

December 2017 Challenge of the Month (COTM)

"Change in the House"

Details here .

Weekly Competitions

Your Art

Giveaway of the Day

Author Topic: For the Womenfolk!  (Read 778 times)

Offline ali_sen

• Naughty Librarian
  • High Roller
For the Womenfolk!
« on: January 17, 2013, 05:07:22 AM »
Men this probably doesn't apply/doesn't interest you and will contain some ICKY FEMININE DISCUSSION to move along. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! LOL

Then again ladies this may surprise you too! :)

I just learned recently (about half a year ago? maybe 2/3 year ago? about this amazing feminine product.  it is called a menstrual cup. 

It kind of works like a tampon, it goes inside, catches blood, and is removed.

The difference? It's made of soft medical grade silicone, is flexible, holds 2-4 times as much as a large tampon, has NO risk of Toxic Shock Syndrome, can stay in for up to 12 HOURS, and is reusable- take it out, empty, rinse/wash, reinsert!

At the risk of sounding like a commercial >_< I was totally skeptical despite having several friends swear by the cup and seeing in the news because some female olympian swimmers use them now for better, longer lasting leak proof security. 

Where I live in Asia, the feminine supplies are um.... a bit behind the times shall we say.  Tampons are rock hard. Seriously.  ICK.  And not to mention the warning I got when I moved here, the health agency said that tampons from China were often unsanitary and unsafe.  WELL.  The first 4 years I lived here, i bought my supplies online from the US and mailed them here.  OH THE EXPENSE. :(

So I finally got sick of it, and after having a baby, decided to try a cup.

It's amazing.  That's all I can say.

it's ten times more comfortable than anything i've ever used.  I'm not spending anything on supplies anymore.  I've never had any problems with it.  It's easy to use.  I  can go out and not worry about finding a bathroom every couple hours and will it be sanitary (or will it be one of those "hole in the ground 'restroom' things"--Yuck.  It's absolutely fantastic.

i seriously can't fathom why this hasn't gotten more attention in media... maybe because it's such a cheap alternative to tampons and pads, and will ruin their market? ;)  A silicone cup, depending on how well its cared for, can last up to 5 YEARS.  5 years of not buying lots of menstrual supplies? yes please!

So sorry if this is totally  TMI, I'm not usually brave enough to post yucky details about feminine life, but I admit I kind of raged a bit that I spent SO MUCH MONEY on mailing myself menstrual supplies for 4 years because I'd never heard of this marvelous invention!!   

I wish someone had told me about it sooner.... I can't imagine using anything else now.

Btw, of course there are different size and shape cups.  And tons of different distributors, all of them make slightly different styles and shapes.  It's important for a girl to make a decision on a cup after she's researched cups and what might fit her best. My first cup was a little bit the wrong size, and my second cup was PERFECT.  It is so worth getting!

This website is great for information:
http://menstrual-cups.livejournal.com/
They answered a lot of my questions and helped me find the right cup!

And a couple stores that sell cups:
http://www.lunette.com/
http://meluna.eu/?___store=english
http:/acup.com/

Hope its okay that I posted all this. Like I said, I just wished that I had known about these things YEARS ago and not wasted so much...... So I want to make sure I've let other ladies know. :) And guys i DID warn you ;)
If work was easy and fun, we'd call it vacation instead of work.

Offline Artistic Creativity

Re: For the Womenfolk!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 12:18:05 PM »
Yeah they are called the moon cup here, but they are kind of associated with hippy, wiccan cultish thing, which is stupid.. I'ld use them but I haven't had a period in over 4 years :D..

Offline ali_sen

• Naughty Librarian
  • High Roller
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 01:36:59 PM »
Haha I can totally see why they'd have that association.... but honestly was amazed.  I can't even feel when I'm using one, but tampons were always uncomfortable.  Plus cups used correctly last so much longer and are nearly leak proof. :)

Offline MarciaGomes

• Sweet Marci
  • Working It
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 12:50:57 PM »
This is fantastic, I think you have to wash it is unpleasant,I prefer that you use and throw away.
I wish we had that here in Brazil, my daughters to use :ty_luv: the information

Offline ali_sen

• Naughty Librarian
  • High Roller
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 10:16:58 AM »
Marcia, there are cups that are disposable, you can use it for a day, and throw it away.

I'd add for the curious: the cups can be worn during the period and allow the wearer to have non-messy sex. 

I suppose it can be a bit yucky to clean it, but with a sink with a hose right next to my toilet it's extra easy to do, i just dump and rinse it into the toilet and flush the blood, then reinsert cup.

Cups are also good for folks who have/deal with cervix pain or painful, heavy periods.  More comfortable than tampons. Hold a lot more and therefore less stressful. i wish I had one back in high school and college... wow that would have made such a difference to my teenage insecurity. hah.

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 12:22:44 PM »
Oh tell me about it Ali.... Its good because you can put it in even if you h ave a light flow, which you can't with Tampons... or even Towels sometimes... I remember in my teens wearing a panty liner because I was due on in a few days, only to come on full force in my favorite white jeans... 

Offline ali_sen

• Naughty Librarian
  • High Roller
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 08:30:51 AM »
Oh yeah.... or being afraid to go swimming at camp... always the horror stories... and I was in sports, and you always worried if tampons wouldn't do a good enough job.... or leak.... or you just had a crazy school day...some days you wouldn't have time to go to the bathroom .... augh.... you could just wear the cup all day and not worry about changing it out at school, or not having a tampon and having to ask someone else for one (soooooooo embarrassing for a young teen).  Plus its really safer, no risk of TSS like tampons have.  Plus saving money.... one cup can be anywhere from $20 to $60, depending on the type and brand you get....

Offline Wayii

• Kandosii dala
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2013, 07:14:29 PM »
I suspect that wouldn't work so well for me.  I bleed way too heavily.

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2013, 12:34:56 PM »
I think that it would be fine, they come in sizes. I know how you feel about bleeding, I have PSOD so when I bled I really bled, Once For 2 whole weeks... But that said, from knowing that and seeing these and how they work I would say I could have used it, and still might if I ever take out this coil.

Offline melikia

• Kitty Fantastico
  • 1000 Grand Roller
  • >*.*< MEOW! (purrrr)
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2013, 08:29:44 PM »
Used them when i DID have my cycle - for the last 3 or 4 years before my uterus was removed.  They were relatively new on the supermarket shelves at the time, called "Instead" (brand name) and were disposable.  However, i DID successfully reuse them a time or two when money was really tight.  On the sex during use thing - careful, its not COMPLETELY non-messy *grins*... empty thy cup before and it'll be ok. LOL.  But yep, the MOST COMFY product i ever did use in that department! 
>*.*<    _Purrrrty Kitty_ }awaiting her own faerie wings{    >*.*<

Offline ali_sen

• Naughty Librarian
  • High Roller
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2013, 12:13:28 AM »
Melikia, the "Instead" cups aren't really the best to use for sex during periods, because the 'cup' is more like a plastic bag- therefore its very squishable and doesn't have the light suction that the silicone cups have to hold it in place- they can leak more easily than the silicone cups. 

I honestly have no idea how i managed before cups. And  yes they are great for heavy periods! Before having a baby it wasn't an issue for me, but in the nearly 3 years since, my flow has changed.... and boy am i glad for cup security! And yes, you can put it in even BEFORE the period starts, if you know it'll start soon... I like knowing, "my period might start today, better be ready" and putting the cup in, and being confident ALL DAY at work.... and same for sleeping all night without having to get up in the middle of the night a couple times to change feminine products!  not to mention not buying any more feminine products for the last 2 years now.... :)

Offline melikia

• Kitty Fantastico
  • 1000 Grand Roller
  • >*.*< MEOW! (purrrr)
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2013, 09:12:57 AM »
Yep... like i said, they were new when i found them... i'm glad they've improved on the product.  sex 'during' was always a chancy thing at best LOL.  but i LOVED them - tampons always made my cramping worse... the cups - didn't.  And as i had endometriosis... ANYTHING that didn't make things worse was a bonus!

And if you're bleeding so heavily you have to get up several times in the night to change products (except for your cup)... you need to get that checked out.  Usually, women's flow LIGHTEN after a pregnancy - not get heavier.
>*.*<    _Purrrrty Kitty_ }awaiting her own faerie wings{    >*.*<

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2013, 09:08:17 AM »
ohhh the visual that comes with this thread LOL....  got to second Mel though ALi... although I found that hormones increase if your weight does, so if you still have some of the post baby  cuddly spots, that might account for the heavier bleeds.

Offline Miss Bad Wolf

• Just In
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2016, 07:44:34 AM »
Apparently I am necroing a thread, but I have heard of these but not sure how to use them so I never got them.

Poser and Daz

Click images to go to SmithMicro and Daz to read all about the programs.

Poser Pro got even better this year.

They have made it easier on content creators by integrating Poser Pro Game Dev into Poser Pro 11.

Now the content creators can create for runtimes and games with only one program!

Poser 11PoserPro 11 Daz Studio--Free

attic_468x175.jpg
participial