FA Community Gifts

The time has started for gathering goodies for the gift giving that starts in October.....Here is the link to read about it.

Participants
Aelin -- Both
sidherose -- Hallow
Agent0013 -- Both
CathyY -- Both
Dreamer -- Both
Llola ane -- Both
M-Callahan -- Both
ali_sen -- Hallow
MilosGulan -- Hallow
Noshoba -- Both

Forum Directory

Main Cell

button  Asylum TOS

button  Gallery How To's

button  Forum Hints

The Solarium

button  Our Gallery

button  Sponsors Showcase

button  Contact Us

button  Header Art

button  Anime and Manga

Poser Ward

button  News and Updates

button  Q & A

button  Tutorials

Conservatory

button  AtticFreezone

button  Aelin's Fantastic Finds

Contests Wing

button

Contest Info

button  Monthly Contests

button  Weekly Contests

Connect With Us!

button  Banner Exchange

Annual Community Gifts

button  Halloween 2018

button  Christmas 2018

Twitter  |  FaceBookDeviantArt |  Pinterest

Voting Booth

Voting Booth

Click image to go cast your vote,
 then go
 here
===> 2019 voting thread!
to post it in the forum!

Award Info

Votes Need --- Award

10,000 -- Platinum Award
     5,000 --- Gold Award
     2,500 --- Silver Award
     1,000 --- Bronze Award
        300 --- Pewter Award
        100 --- Copper Award

2019 Voting Awards

100 Votes 300 Votes 1000 Votes 1000 Votes 5000 Votes 5000 Votes

Donations

We have many special projects and every now and then a Special Cause that requires your generous help.

There are times when we do a collection to help a member in need of assistance and all those proceeds go directly to that member.

All donations of what ever size are WELCOME.

Thank you.

Featured Art

Winter

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW
Closeness © Dreamer

TOTW

Communing with Nature © Isengrim

Toon It

Slimer © Wingedwolf

Monthly Winners

JULY COTM Winner

Pretty Woman © Heitaikai

Contest Information!

~Monthly Competitions~

August CONTEST 

Eleasis ~ Highsun~ and the ~ Eyes are the windows to the Soul ~  

Details Can Be Found HERE
Album Located HERE

Flamerule ~ 12th Anniversary ~ When Cats Rule the World ~  July 2019 Contest
Winners Announced HERE

~ August 2019 Challenge of the Month (COTM)~

"Hat In Mind"

Details are HERE

Album located HERE

~Weekly Competitions~

~NEW~ TOON IT

Weekly Contest Sponsors

Sponsor Showcase

Our monthly "Challenge Of The Month (COTM)" winner gets a surprise sponsor each month

Site Skins!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 23, 2019, 10:36:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 312635
  • Total Topics: 15526
  • Online Today: 308
  • Online Ever: 526
  • (November 04, 2018, 06:34:33 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Partnered Sale

has an offer for you!  You get 10% off any order -- valid until December 31, 2019
 ... use this coupon code: FAC1019

Tell you friends about this offer too so all can save.

In the Winners Circle

We have in this section, many winners that are recognized for their works.

SAOTW  and  TOTW These images are chosen at random from the many that are uploaded to the gallery for that week then when selected are announced.

Sponsored by DAZ with a $15.00 gift card for both contests. Our award images are also found within these walls. Congratulations to the winners and good luck to the rest of you.

Magic potion by Heitaikai

Author Topic: Member Challenge from Victoriac  (Read 5805 times)

Offline Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna shall see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
Member Challenge from Victoriac
« on: November 29, 2008, 01:22:21 PM »
Got a request from a member, yes she is my sister in real life. But she has been through a very sad moment recently. And has asked me to post this here....

If you have heard from me in the last couple weeks, then you know, if not, be aware that I have lost my beloved Alpha Male Skyy. It's been horribly hard on me and Stoli. Stoli knows that Skyy is not around any more and most of the day he's either just sitting in the cage or sitting on something next to me.

It's like the saddest of sad sights - a budgie that doesn't chirp or play with toys or even want his favorite foods. =o(

Their vet said the thing he would be missing the most is the sound of the other bird. I'm thinking, yeah, like someone makes something like that? Yes, they do and it's downloading as I type. It's from Australia, of course, land of the budgie. I did a test - I was in the bedroom with him and he's in his cage quiet as a church mouse - I clicked on "play" for the 3 minute sample.

He went NUTS and started singing and flying all over the cage. I clicked on pause - he kept on chirping then it was like - hey, where did they go? Turned it back on and we are talking ONE HAPPY BUDGIE. 

I did find out that Skyy was more than likely five years or older. Also, with this breed - "sudden" death is not at all uncommon. His vet said they can have the best food, cleanest cage, perfect toys and perfect environment and still have this happen. I think that was to make me feel better but I'm not sure if it does - I guess as a responsible bird owner it's natural to think you did something you shouldn't have done. I need to stop beating myself up over it.

Skyy. (double sigh) I laid him to rest under a tree on the property here by a fence. It was a rather large and older tree - so, not one that I think could be moved easily. So, it is my hope that he will be able to stay there and rest in peace. I find myself thinking about him often, the things he did, his little way of saying "love ya" to me. His four chirps in the morning when I would say "Have a good day boys." Not to mention his love for hanging upside down and climbing. Oh, how he loved to climb  and swing with country music playing.

So in a drive to resolve the dilemma I decided an ad was needed so....

My Classified Ad.......46 year old female human and 3 year old male American Budgie seeks male companionship for each of them. The female prefers Catholic, no children, Caucasian, employed, not be a slob, like to have sex and travel, must like sushi and on occasion; silence. Strong computer and networking skills preferred. The Budgie prefers an Alpha Male to tend to his every need and whim. Also, must like playing on swings, eating millet and sleeping side by side.

Well, the good news is that we received a response after interviewing three or four different breeders in order to locate a companion for Stoli. Two male English Budgies have responded and after a careful and thorough interview process they were brought home and are now acclimating themselves to their new home. They are now talking to Stoli and things are promising. However in the meantime the new members of the Flock are still nameless.

So a solution has suggested itself to me and that would be to hold a contest to assist in the naming of them. Would like it to be something that starts with an "S" or perhaps another vodka perhaps an English vodka since they are an English breed. Nonetheless your imagination is most welcome and your images of them, commemorating their naming and a formal welcoming of the flock.

Thank you all for your understanding in mine and Stoli's time of mourning and in welcoming our new members of the flock.

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

Offline Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
Re: Member Challenge from Victoriac
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 01:36:47 PM »
Now the challenge is to suggest names for the two new additions to the flock and then to create a render depicting the welcoming and inclusion into the flock.

The prize shall be a GC of $25 to the store of ones choice in this challenge.

Here are pictures of each of them, for the time being they have very unimaginative names...Thing One and Thing Two

So please help them out with proper names in this thread and then you images can be placed in this gallery here.
"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Offline Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 01:37:27 PM »
Well I got one name for one of them

Sakura

Offline thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Straight Jackets are FREE
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 03:34:39 PM »
First off, I'm so sorry for your loss.  I know how much you love your feathered family.

I was doing real good on the first part of the classified until I hit that sushi part.....Darn :blusher:

Here is a good name I think:  Shakers - A American Vodka

or

You can try Svedka - A Vodka from Sweden

I'd try to Render you something.....but my birds also end up with hair on their back  :thud:
We Shall Stand

Offline victoriac

• Covered in Cobwebs.....
  • Just In
  • Home of the ReTweet....holding with 13 Fidz......
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2008, 04:22:24 PM »
Thank you, Jherrith for starting the post for me.  I did upload some photos in my gallery of the two of them doing different things.  The "Thing One" and "Thing Two" started out as a joke when the vet asked what to put down for their names for the appointment.  I am looking to stay with the vodka scheme if possible.

Right now, it's rough training them because I call them both "hey" or "hi there" - some what confusing for everyone.  LOL

Stoli is LOVING his new buddies and will throw a FIT if I do not bring his cage out with theirs - he has to talk to them even though they don't vocalize much yet.  The vet puts them at about 8 months of age.

Also, for the unknowing (such as myself) - when you see the "puffy" head it means they are interested in you.  Also, a "finely bred" English budgie when seen from the "front" view - their eyes are not usually visible and from the "side" view - you should not see their beak.

There's your five cents worth of budgie info if you ever go on a TV show.  

Okay, I hope we can come up with some good names to welcome these new boyz to Stoli and my place.

I consider it an honor that I can ask you all to give your input as to what to name them and thank you for your assistance.

Offline Bea

• Mistress Bea
  • 1000 Grand Roller
    • The Bea Hive
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2008, 06:23:29 PM »
We have them wild in the yard (or rather the untamed relatives) they are so cute :)

Offline victoriac

• Covered in Cobwebs.....
  • Just In
  • Home of the ReTweet....holding with 13 Fidz......
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2008, 06:20:49 PM »
Well,  after spending a few days with them - here are a few of the  "quirks" that have manifested themselves.

#1 - seems to be wanting to take over the computer and networking position.  He is totally content to sit on my shoulder and watch me type and things move on the monitor.  I'm also CONSTANTLY taking him away from the cords. 

#2 - seems to be going for the "Alpha Male" position with Stoli.  Heaven help me, but I know I was really upset when Stoli wouldn't chirp - now, he will NOT shut up.  This afternoon - while I had the big boyz out on free fly time - I had the "OMG where did #2 go?"  He was sitting on the bottom of the stand where I have Stoli's cage.  He was just listening to everything he had to say.

Jherrith has said more than once that #2 seems to be "Sakura" - see him for the definition as I forgot.  LOL  The other two choices out there are Shinju or Shinto.

I'm thinking the English Vodka may not make it and am looking at Asian names.  I have a Korean tea table and for some reason #2 will NOT stay off it.  So, seriously, please, any name that you think of please let me know - poor guys need to be named.

I was a "good person" and put up a note over the cage and in the foyer that state "do not touch the birds" since they are under quarantine at this time.  Final blood tests are pending until Tuesday but the quarantine lasts until December 16th.  I do need to call the office and let them know that I have new boyz in the place.

Go me.  YIKES.

Offline Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2008, 06:28:55 PM »
Sakura means Cherry

Couple other names that suggest themselves is

Shiori  (She-or-e)

Yuka  (U-ka)

Offline Katt

• Kattalystic Kattastrophe
  • Ranking poster
  • Atticus Winged Felinus
    • Katt's Kritters
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2008, 09:45:50 PM »
Sputnik

Stolii

Silent Sam (since he is SO quiet ... LOL)

Spaten

Seagram

Starka

Just some input ..... can't let them boys have all the fun ....

Katt
"We are the ones we've been waiting for." -- Hopi Prophecy

Buy me stuff! Buy MY stuff too! :hobes_e0:

My Renderosity Store  |  My Fantasies Realm Store  |  Katt's Kritters  |  My DAZ Store

Offline Fanci

• Mistress Fanci
  • Just In
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2008, 08:14:34 PM »
Sage for the lil green guy

Sampson is a nice Alpha type name

Socrates is cool too.

Those are my 3 choices..

Congratz on your new family members.
One day at a time, one breath at a time, looking ever forward.. but acknowledging the lessons from the past.

Poser and Daz

Click images to go to SmithMicro and Daz to read all about the programs.

Poser Pro got even better this year.

They have made it easier on content creators by integrating Poser Pro Game Dev into Poser Pro 11.

Now the content creators can create for runtimes and games with only one program!

Poser 11PoserPro 11 Daz Studio--Free

attic_468x175.jpg
participial