2017 Community Gift Pages

Halloween's Madness Abounds

Christmas Gift Roster started and so far what/who we have waiting under the tree.
You can read about it HERE

Gathered for Christmas so far: 30

Christmas Pledges!

SpookieLilOne

Summoner
morganahope

Under the tree:

Aelin
Amaranth
M-Callahan
Sanbie
Anniemotion
BronzeDragon
CathyY
UteBigSmile
theKatster
Agent0013
cougarmadcat
Prae
Napalmarsenal
Angells
sidherose
Barbariandreams
Llola Lane

Forum Directory

Main Cell

button  Asylum TOS

button  Gallery How To's

button  Forum Hints

The Solarium

button  Our Gallery

button  Sponsors Showcase

button  Contact Us

button  W.I.P Cell

Poser Ward

button  News and Updates

button  Q & A

button  Tutorials

Freebies Conservatory

button  AtticFreezone [Freestuff]

button  Aelin's Fantastic Finds

button  llexandro's Hideaway

Contests Wing

button

Contest Info

button  Monthly Contests

button  Weekly Contests

button

Connect With Us!

button  Banner Exchange

Follow fantasiesrealm on Twitter Follow fantasiesrealm on Pinterest

The Realms Market at Deviant Art

Voting Booth

Click image to go cast your vote,
 then go
 here
===> 2017 voting thread!
to post it in the forum!

Award Info

10,000 votes - Platinum Award
5,000 votes - Gold Award
2,500 votes - Silver Award
1,000 votes - Bronze Award
300 votes - Pewter Award

100 votes - Copper Award

2017 Voting Awards

copperpewterbronzesilvergold platinum

Fantasies Realm Market Index

Donations

xmassleigh

We have many special projects and every now and then a Special Cause that requires your generous help.

There are times when we do a collection to help a member in need of assistance and all those proceeds go directly to that member.

All donations of what ever size are WELCOME.

Thank you.

Featured Art

Announcements!

Happy Halloween

Monthly Competitions

DECEMBER CONTEST

Nightal ~ The Drawing Down ~ Christmas Cards from the Attic ~ December 2017 Contest

Details HERE

Nightal ~ The Drawing Down ~ Fairies of Winter ~ December 2017 Contest

Details HERE

THE NOVEMBER CONTEST HAS ENDED

Winners have been announced. Details HERE

2017 Challenge of the Month

NEW!!

December 2017 Challenge of the Month (COTM)

"Change in the House"

Details here .

Weekly Competitions

Your Art

Giveaway of the Day

Author Topic: Coffee Shop-Gardens 2013  (Read 68630 times)

Offline Kludge

• Dominus
  • Just In
  • I *AM* Smiling!
Coffee Shop-Gardens 2013
« on: January 01, 2013, 12:35:58 AM »
I think out of the whole movie, Fafnir, that is probably one of my favorite pieces, most likely because of Charles Durning's delivery. 

If it weren't how my career at the college ended, I would probably agree but burnout due to politics and other non-productive issues (Why do we have to hold a meeting to determine if we're going to hold a meeting?) and way too many *IX versions all at the same time sort of ruined them for me.  Now I'm happy being a Windows Weenie user who calls the help desk at the slightest hiccup.  The doctors say the twitch will eventually go away but I'm not counting on it.

Noelle knows that there is always a lap for her.  That was always her "safe place" and where problems got solved at least to some degree.  When she was a little girl, it was also where she could sleep and the bad dreams of her abuse et al from before wouldn't dare venture.  I miss all that.

You may be right that politicians start off as decent folks.  I don't know.  What I do know is that they've made messy of everything they've touched, not only at a federal level but at a state and local level as well.  (I'm only looking at PA & HI in this case, the two examples I know all too well.) 

So much fun, so few tiddlywinks.  :-)

Offline thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Straight Jackets are FREE
    • The Fantasy Attic
Re: Coffee Shop-Gardens 2013
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 09:06:39 AM »
:ny4: :ny4: :partytimes: H A P P Y   N E W   Y E A R   T O   A  L L :partytimes: :ny4: :ny4:

A little late but I decided yesterday afternoon to stay off the net on New Years Eve and just catch up on some projects and watch my Twilight Zone Marathon......

No news, no ringing in the year with Dick Clark.....Just me and the make believe LOL......

And you know what....I enjoyed it .......

Hope your evening went well and you enjoyed what ever you did for the evening.....

Now back to work in here today.   Contest to end....new contest to put up....and more fun...

Now..... :java: ahhhhhhh

So very good first thing this morning.....
We Shall Stand

Offline Kludge

• Dominus
  • Just In
  • I *AM* Smiling!
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 11:56:55 AM »
Okay, so I ordered a 1600x1200 20" monitor off ePay.  Used but still it's better than my existing 1024x768 15" one.  Since my video card can handle two monitors, this one will stay but things like Poser & Studio will go to the new one.  Movies & anything else graphics intense will probably go to the new one as well.  Eventually I'll rotate this one out for something more like a 1280x1024 19" which should help me see it a lot betterer. 

Hmmm ... and I took advantage of DAZ's BOGO ... errr, Buy One Get Two since I'm a PC member ... to get the Gen5 teens starter pack & some other stuff.  I may go back and clear out more of my wishlist after I pick up some sale thingies elsewhere.  Then I go out and pick up some fluorescent tubes I forget yesterday.

And then, I'll take advantage of my Amazon Prime membership and pick off episodes of Fringe that I missed on Hulu.  :-)

Offline Kludge

• Dominus
  • Just In
  • I *AM* Smiling!
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 11:58:05 AM »
Well, after the running firefight with artillery support was over, I slept.  Kinda sorta.

Offline thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 12:06:43 PM »
Gotta love new toys.....especially when it comes to items for puters.  My puter makes out better then I do at Christmas. 

I let my Daz Plat run out ..... for now.   I want to see what kind of offers they have for their WELCOME BACK promo.

And Fringe has been ROCKING of late.  Love that show.....and never miss a one...

Now for more :java: and back to work in here.
We Shall Stand

Online Fafnir

• Barmaid Wrangler
  • Attic Icon
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2013, 12:16:15 PM »
coffee  sounds  great  mayhap Daz  will have something  good  for  you

Offline Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna shall see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2013, 12:22:21 PM »
We like the large monitors, running 24" wide screens on mine. And it is sweet to say the least when doing scenes, you know the drill palettes on one and stage on the other. Tis the way to go no doubt.

Got the new contest up so far with judges poked, prodded, and nudged to do the fine job they do each time in regards to casting their votes and now am looking at the payroll for the vendors.

Dishes are done, had a snack of the other serving of the rack of lamb ... well I was feeling a bit peckish ... :tearlaugh:

Eel is on the main menu for my sushi later today. Drizzled with eel sauce and some wasabi for flavor should be ever so nice. Even have a bottle of the higher dollar :sake: for the beverage of choice.

Tis the good stuff that is best served chilled instead of the ye ole cheap rotgut that is best warm. Not to say there are not high quality ones that are not good warmed just that in my opinion those are typically better chilled.
"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

Offline Kludge

• Dominus
  • Just In
  • I *AM* Smiling!
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2013, 12:32:55 PM »
Last season, they had Anna Torv as a redhead.  Y'know, I think she is sooo much hotter that way.  Too bad she made the mistake of getting married before she met me.  ;-)

Jasika Nichole is a truly interesting actress.  In the alternate universe she played an autistic version of her prime character, something helped by the fact that she has an autistic child, memory serving.  If she didn't get an Emmy for that, someone's totally blind.  The fact that she's downright cute hasn't escape notice, though. :-)

Blair Brown and John Noble are interesting to watch as well, especially when they're interacting.  Adding Leonard Nimoy to that was a touch of genius since he introduced a strong counterpoint to that pair.

Overall, the cast et al for that show have done a marvelous job and it will be sad to see the series end in a couple weeks.  *sigh* ... I felt the same about Buffy and Firefly.

Offline Kludge

• Dominus
  • Just In
  • I *AM* Smiling!
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2013, 12:34:15 PM »
Eel in sushi ... with wasabi.  My kind of yummies. :-)

Offline Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2013, 12:35:54 PM »
Absolutely

didn't sound great the first time it was mentioned to me but I tried it and am hooked on it.
"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Offline thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2013, 01:52:21 PM »
As with all great series Kludge....I think them ending the series is a good thing.  If they went beyond that the plots would get to ridiculous and most folks only remember the bad in everything and not the great.  I liked Firefly also but Buffy went off the deep end because they kept it on to long and it became horrible towards the end.  The same happened with my most favorite of shows....the XFiles.   

"J"......I'm PHing tonight.   Kludge convinced it's a great way to start the Newyear.....and I have no worries about selecting what I like....Since they have all of my saved favorites on my PH Account on line.....Yummmmm
We Shall Stand

Offline Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2013, 02:09:13 PM »
What no adventure this evening by having some unagi (eel) in your sushi :thud:

Gee how paralyzing dull, boring, tedious and commonplace

Offline thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2013, 02:22:26 PM »
Yup....all of the above  :tearlaugh:
We Shall Stand

Offline Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2013, 03:07:00 PM »
Sissy :tearlaugh:

Online Fafnir

• Barmaid Wrangler
  • Attic Icon
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2013, 04:10:25 PM »
wuss  is more  like it   Eel  and  fresh  Ahi  would be  wonderful  with a  little  fresh  seaweed  on the side  of course  some good  eel sauce  and  whatever  you can add to that  like thinly sliced shrimp  and  lobster  yummie

Poser and Daz

Click images to go to SmithMicro and Daz to read all about the programs.

Poser Pro got even better this year.

They have made it easier on content creators by integrating Poser Pro Game Dev into Poser Pro 11.

Now the content creators can create for runtimes and games with only one program!

Poser 11PoserPro 11 Daz Studio--Free

attic_468x175.jpg
participial